Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Part 1 – Nadine

“I told you this would end in tears,” she said. I didn't need this, but I knew this is what it would be. And here came the rest.... “And now it's all over the papers you say? Now the whole family have to deal with this.”

I just kind of sat there and took it. It had been 48 hours since I'd left Kimberley's and flown back to L.A. I'd not even slept.

“Are you okay?” My dad asked, interrupting my Mother's rant.

“I don't know...” I wondered out loud.

“Well thank God you decided to come home, imagine the drama back in the UK. You'd never cope with that, you don't even like it when they write stories about your weight, let alone this sinful relationship!” She went on. I laughed inside a little at the sinful bit. I think I'd been a sinner for a long time, I was a lost hope to be honest. Although my sisters had grown up and settled down a bit, they still weren't quite the good catholic girls we were all supposed to be.

“Mum, please...” I sighed heavily, getting up to leave the room. I needed to get out, go for a walk on the beach or something.

“Where are you going now?!” She asked angrily.

“I don't know. Might just walk off a cliff or something? Would that shut you up?” I asked sarcastically. Lack of sleep was messing me up.

“Nadine, let's go for a drive somewhere?” My dad suggested picking up his car keys and hurrying us out of the house before my mother could start up again.

“Don't you think you've been a bit cowardly?” He said as we drove out of the city.

“It all happened so fast...” I said.

“You have sat here time and time again and told me and your mother how much you love Cheryl. If that was true you wouldn't have left her to deal with the fallout of this on her own. Are you a liar as well now Nadine?” He asked sternly. This new approach was starting to upset me.

“Dad, don't. It wasn't an easy decision...” the moment I went to speak, I just broke down in tears. It was uncontrollable and not at all like me. But what could I do? I couldn't go back now?

“You need to at least call her...” He said, pulling over and then handing me a tissue.

“I can't go back... It's not just this, it's everything. Everything is messed up now, Cheryl, me, the band. The other girls will all hate me,” I cried.

“What have I said about bottling things up, Nadine? This is what always happens... Keep your head down for now then, and contact them in a few weeks. But you will have to live with the fact you have really let Cheryl down,” He sighed, and I could tell how disappointed he was. That was me all over though, a massive disappointment.

Part 2 – Cheryl

I woke up the next day alone with a massive hangover. Next to me was a half empty bottle of vodka and I was still in my clothes in my living room. For a split second I had forgotten what had happened the day before. The last thing I remembered was asking Kimberley to take me home. She was apprehensive, but clearly we had got here.

Food was unappealing right now as I felt so sick from everything, but coffee was necessary. I caught the mess of myself in the mirror as I walked to the kitchen. How could I let someone do this to me again? Fall in love and be let down by them. As I made the coffee my phone rung, it was Kimberley.

“Babe, I've got the paper...” she said. I'd forgotten about that bit too. Of course that was the reason why Nadine had left.

“Is it bad...?” I asked.