First Day

Ross P.O.V.
"You can do this." I say to myself, as I look in the mirror. "School won't be that bad." I hear the droplets of rain hit my window softly. I walk over to my backpack and take out my jacket that I had put in there yesterday and put it on. I had expected it to be nice out today, but instead the sky was packed with loads of gray clouds. I pick up my backpack and slip it on as I walk towards my door and nervously open it, knowing my mom will try to give me a pep-talk about high school. It's my senior year, but I've been homeschooled ever since my family moved to Washington when I was in eighth grade. The floor creeks as I trudge down the hallway and stairs.
My mom meets me at the bottom of the stairs, she probably heard me coming.
"Is that what you're wearing?" She asks with a frown.
I look down at my plain jacket, baggy jeans, and worn sneakers. "Ye" I answer, trying to get by my mother.
She moves in front of me again looking concerned. "Are you sure that's what you want to wear? Don't you want to make a good impression on everybody?"
"What's wrong with it?" I ask.
"It's just... Nothing." My mom says with a sigh. She hugs me and hands me my packed lunch. I didn't even realize she had it.
"Thanks, mom." I say as I slide it into my backpack. I walk past my mom and into the kitchen, searching the cupboards for a cereal box.
"I made you some breakfast, Ross." My mom says and hands me a plate of toast.
"Thanks." I say with a warm smile. I walk over to the table and sit down to eat my toast.
I pick up each piece and eat it slowly. The toast is warm and crunchy. I put the plate in the sink and walk over to my front door, my mom is standing there. I know she means well and she loves me a lot, but I wish she would leave me alone right now.
"I hope you have a ROSSOME first day of school!" My mom cheers. She seems very amused with herself, but that pun got old really fast.
I laugh because I know that it'll make her smile. "Thanks mom, I'm sure it'll be rossome."
My mom giggles and opens the door for me, it looks like she's tearing up a little bit. I pretend not to notice and stride out the door.
I walk down the driveway and look back, my mom is waving at me. "Bye Ross!"
"Bye mom!" I yell back at her. I continue forwards and walk down the sidewalk. I hope today goes well and I meet some new people. I'm nervous about starting public school again but I'm also excited. I'm sure it'll be great.
It's Ross time.

*don't worry, the next chapter is a lot more gay than this*