The Hunter has become the Hunted.

The sound of flesh being ripped apart echoed throughout the empty streets. An axe tore into a poor villager's limbs. Though, they were dead, the resting terror in their eyes, fresh blood tainting the ground and their killer's clothes proved they had not been deceased for long. And died in great pain. The street lamp flickered, oil starting to run out from being left on for so long, for the Night of the Hunt had lasted for what seemed ages. The beast's axe carved, cut and cleaved into the rotting bodies of innocents. An axe, that had once been used to slaughter beasts, wielded by a Hunter who swore the end of them. But that Hunter given in, given in to the Blood. As it was due for every sane soul. To be driven to insanity by the Blood. To become one with the Hunt.

  Not far away, a blade could be heard. The high pitched sound of metal being dragged against a wall, as if to sharpen the weapon's edge. The ear piercing sound could be heard from a mile away in the quiet streets of Old Yharnam. The large Pale Red Moon rose high in the sky, shining down on the city as if judging it. Perhaps it was. The dark streets were infected with the consequence of the Healing Church's so-called 'Old Blood', spread throughout the city with the Ashen Blood. How low the city had fallen. Nothing but beasts roamed now. There were no humans left.

  The noise got closer, the axe wielding madman looked from his victims, muttering crazed words under his breath. Blood painted his clothes, pieces of flesh falling from the shoulders of the crazed man's outfit. Glancing around, the madman stood up, his arms and legs mutated. Now longer, hairy and rotten. He began growling and stopped muttering as the sound quieted. Perhaps they had left, seeing such an ugly beast tear it's victim apart 'till there was nothing left. It could not be considered human, nor Hunter, only beast. A beast thirsty for more Blood. Out of the shadows stepped a figure, raven black  feathers cloaked their body, they danced with the chill breeze that slipped between buildings. A white mask, dark holes where the eyes should be, nothing but darkness inside. A beak. A Pointy hat. Feathers. Leather underneath. It was clear, it was the assassin. The Hunter of Hunters. Hunting the ones who went too far. The beast may have given it's sanity away for Blood. But it was not mindless. It remembered what it was warned about in it's days of Hunting. "Were you ever to give in, and be lost. Were you ever to go mad with Bloodlust. You can know, the Hunters of Hunters will know."

  Eileen the Crow. A Hunter of Hunters. She did not hunt beasts, for that was a Beast Hunter's job. But she hunts Hunters who are too far gone. Wandering the blood-crazed city with her famous Blades of Mercy. It is said to be called that, as you die before you could feel the pain. The beast raised it's axe, screaming as it did not plan on dying to an old tale. Yet before the ex-Hunter could bring it's axe down, the crow shot her firearm into the beast's stomach. The beast kneeled back, staggered by the assassin. She approached the beast and before it could stand up again, shoved her hand into it's chest. She pulled the beast towards her by an inch before shoving it backwards, pulling her hand out of it's chest. Blood rained down on them from the beast's chest as it splattered everywhere, painting the ground and Eileen's attire crimson red. The beast screamed, charging at the crow with nothing but it's fists in anger. The crow dodged it's fist and stuck her blade into the beast's side, then, within a second, a click was heard and the sword split. Eileen pulled one half of her sword out of the beast, kicked it's legs from under it and once it was with it's back on the ground, shoved the blade through it's eye, and into the brain.

  With the ex-hunter now dead, Eileen pulled her now double daggers out of the beast, putting them together with a click, into one curved sword. Wiping the blood off her blade with her gloved hand, she lightly nodded towards the dead beast in respect. With her blade by her side, tip towards the ground, she turned, and walked away from the scene. One less blood-crazed Hunter in this damned world.

  A Hunter must Hunt.

  ---

  Should I make a chapter for other characters?