The Guests

It was strange. Yeri was given a list of every one of Joy's close friends who were attending the getaway lounge, but there were only sixteen people on the list. Including herself, it should be seventeen.

"Hey, don't worry about it too much. Maybe she misses counted. She was always really bad at math." Minseok suggested, scanning the list with his eyes. Yeri sighed and nodded. "Maybe you're right, but still... It bothers me."

"Oh come on now, it's just a name. She knows your coming anyways. Besides, she invites you every year. You're practically regular." Minseok continues.

"Yeah, a regular along with these sixteen people." Yeri paused. "Oh wait, fifteen. Obviously, you don't count."

Minseok rolls his eyes. "Whatever, I'm only coming because of the food. Rich people dine the absolute best!"

"Who says she's rich?"

"Yeri please, don't you understand? She has a lounge up in the mountains along with a private meal plan. If that doesn't scream rich, then I don't know what does.

Yeri crosses her arms in disapproval. "She's just special."

"Yeah, special as in rich and spoiled."

Minseok scanned his eyes over the list once more and gasped. He realized that everyone on the list was either insanely rich, popular, or both. Although Minseok was well off, he couldn't compare himself to the guests on the list. Also, Yeri wasn't even wealthy to begin with. In fact, that all changed once she met Joy and she became her sponsor and gave her a scholarship. Minseok wonders if that was the reason why Yeri attends every year. Rich people aren't exactly the friendliest to outsiders.

"Anyways, I've just texted Joy and she said that everyone already notified her they will be attending. I also asked her about the missing person, but she didn't respond."

Minseok furrows his eyebrows and patted Yeri on the back. "Don't worry too much. I know you want everything to be perfect, but this vacation is supposed to help you release stress, not gain it all back."

"Yeah." Yeri sighs. She can't possibly disagree with Minseok. There are times when Minseok is the reliable BFF who she can count on, but then there are times when...

"I'm totally bringing some cards over humanity with me."

"Please don't."