Realizations

"Em, we've gotta look through this house better! We've only looked through like 10% of it," Andres started, "that man can hurt us so many ways right now. Do you even realize what I've seen that can be used as a weapon in this house?"

"Alright then, Em, are you okay with looking in the attic? We're definitely not splitting up in this place," Cam said.

Em nodded and the three walked up the rickety steps, disrupting the nests of dust piled up for years.

"Do either of you remember how we even got here? I remember getting stranded and taken to this guys house. He definitely wasn't the guy here. He looked so normal, you couldn't see a single strand of malice in his smile. It was so misleading. He gave me a drink, and I remember passing out, but that's it," Em said.

"Em, you were drugged! That guy can go to jail for that... Em, he can be the reason you got here. I remember walking home from my night shift, when I saw this hella hot woman trying to fix a flat tire. I went up to her, and she just told me to help her, she was so demanding with it. I said she needed a tire iron, and she walked to her trunk, grabbed a crowbar, and smacked me with it, and I woke up in this house. Andres, what do you remember?"

Andres started getting teary eyed, as if remembering a traumatic event. "I... I went through a messy breakup. She couldn't bear the thought, and... and she threatened me with assault and death threats. One day, she said she wanted to see me, and I agreed. We met up at the park in Veil after my shift. When she didn't show up, I started to go to my car, but I remember a sharp pain in my back, and then felt the cold hard concrete smashing into my body. I must have passed out, because I woke up here with a terrible headache and back pain in a room here."

"Andres, I have one thing to ask super quick. Didn't people ever teach you about stranger danger?" Em asked