Faded Anger

I was found guilty

I was found guilty. I'd lost everything. I don't know how Heather would have survived, as I thought about what might happen if she couldn't pick the basement lock, or if she made a noise and was found I felt sick. It was all this cowards fault.

I grabbed her neck and lifted her up, enjoying the sight of her struggling to breathe.

"How does karma feel, Amy?" I asked her, with a smirk on my face. Amy didn't say anything. She wasn't resisting. She knew she was guilty. My grip on her neck tightened and she flinched. It was then I noticed the choker on her neck digging into her, causing a cut on her neck to reopen.

I dropped her. She was going to answer my questions, and I wasn't getting charged with murder yet. She coughed, and looked up at me.

"Why are you so mad at me?" She asked. I starred at her. What?

"You let slip I had the machine, so I would be chased and I wouldn't be able to save my mum."

She starred at me, horrified. Her green eyes were welling up and wide.

"I would never do that Heather, I loved your mother," she whispered. I had forgotton. When Amy's parents disapeared my mother became their mother too. She viewed Alfie as a son, Amy as a daughter, and heavily protested when I said I was going to save her instead of Alfie. She begged me not too. I froze up and looked down at the girl I had blamed for years.

Her skin was pale. Her green eyes were dull, though filled with tears, her hair was a mess, her black hoodie fallen from her shoulder to her elbow, her black jeans ripped at the ankle and left knee, with a bloody scar there. She had a cut across her right cheek, accompained by a bruise. What had happened to her? Even her shabby black trainers were worn and broken.

I reached out my hand to help her up and she flinched away, before hesitantly accepting it. I almost didn't want to know, but I just had to know.

"What happened to you?"