Chapter two:

Walking. That's all we do now, walk and kill.

"Let's take a break. Please Elliot? I'm starving and thirsty." Andrew begged.

"Sure," I sigh.

"But it's gotta be quick because I need to hunt." I answer.

So we sat down at the trunk of a tree and gulped down the remains of our water, and sat there. It was nice to just sit and rest. Tempted by the silence to close your eyes. But my stomach protested.

"Come on. You need to go get water while I hunt for food." I order.

Our break was too long and it was already dark. I could barely make out Andrew.

"Stay close. And call for help if you see anything." I whisper.

We learned that sound attracts them too.

I walk around on my tip-toes searching for my dinner.

"There!" I whisper.

A squirrel was perched up in the tree, just waiting to be shot.

When I picked up the dead squirrel, I walked back to where Andrew and I were before we split.

"Andrew!" I say.

"Andrew!"

I heard a crack of a twig and turned around. It was my brother. Stabbing me in the thigh with his knife. I gasped in pain as he pulled the dagger out. The pain was so intense.

As I faded out of conscious and the blackness overwhelmed my sight, I saw two more figures. One with short hair, and another with a sword slung across her back...