The New Kid

When I got to school I headed straight to my class. My first period was dance which meant there was a bunch of girls who loved to talk about gossip. I was sitting in my line, stretching when I overhead this conversation between two girls.
"Did you see the new kid?" One of them said.
"No, but I heard he's really cute!"
"You have no idea! He's got these blue, gorgeous eyes. This breathtaking smile. A really adorable nose! Ahh. He's sooo dreamy. I would totally date him."
I was really annoyed by them. All they ever do is talk about guys, why can't they focus on their grades? The day went on and all I ever heard was about "the new kid" at school. Although I was a bit curious to meet him. When I walked into my 8th period class, my favorite class, I saw a guy sitting next to my chair. I stopped. My mind was racing, my heart beat raised so fast, I felt my face turn red, my hands were sweaty, and my mouth went dry. What's wrong with me? I thought. I walked carefully to my seat trying not to trip over anything. He looked up to me and I could see his pupils dilate. Dammit, dammit. I kept thinking. I sat awkwardly next to him placing my backpack on the ground. There was girls around us staring at him and giggling. This one girl came up to him and asked "hey you're new here, right? I'm Jeanine and I have to admit you're pretty cute." She was wearing dark red lipstick, she had such a bright smile, and she was dressed so nice. Jeanine was one of those popular girls everyone liked. "Uh thanks. I'm Marshall." He cleared his throat. His voice was so deep and sexy. Woah. Marshall. He turned to look at me with such a shy smile. "What about you? What's your name?" Jeanine turned to look at me and rolled her eyes. "Oh, uhm... I'm Valeria."
"That's such a beautiful name, Valeria." he said with a smile. I could feel myself blushing. What the hell Val. Stop it. I kept telling myself. "Thank you." I managed to say.
"Anyways it was nice meeting you Marshall. I hope to see you around." Jeanine blurted out. Marshall was still looking at me and I could tell Jeanine was annoyed. I was looking down at my desk trying to stay calm as Jeanine walked away and approached her group of friends. "Alright class, take a seat." The teacher said.