Why So Awkward?

All day long everyone around school kept asking me "are you and Marshall dating?" "How long have you been dating for? "You and Marshall make such a cute couple!" it was starting to annoy me. I tried telling everyone the truth but no one would listen. Have they been asking Marshall the same thing too? What if he thinks I made all this up? How am I going to face Marshall? I felt ashamed, I didn't want Marshall to think I'm some crazy person with no life that makes up rumors about her dating the cutest guy at school. I checked the clock after a while of drowning myself with thoughts. 3:06. 7th period was about to end, I felt sick in my stomach. How is Marshall going to react to this? Time passed quickly and before I knew it I was heading towards my 8th period. I felt relieved once I saw Marshall wasn't sitting down where he usually does, but then again I was always the first one to get to class so he could walk in any second now. I asked to go to the restroom before class started because I didn't want to see Marshall's face when he saw me. I stayed in the restroom panicking for about five minutes. I had to go back to class. Once I gathered myself I started heading to my class. As I walked in everyone was talking and getting up to go get their binders. I could see Marshall was sitting in his char, talking to Jeanine. He showed no interest in talking to her. Once he saw me he got up and walked towards me, leaving Jeanine hanging. Crap. He's gonna start yelling at me. I thought.
"Hey" he said with the cutest smile on his face.
"Hey?" I said confused.
"I need to tell you something." He was so happy.
"Uh yeah what is it" I let out a smile.
"Well, everyone around school thinks we're dating. They all think we make a cute couple. I tried telling them we weren't dating, but they wouldn't listen."
"They kept asking me too." I didn't know what else to say.
"What do you think?"
"I think we should just ignore all of them because as long we know the truth, that's all that matters."
"Right."
We both smiled at each other and sat back down. By this point Jeanine was already gone. Marshall looked like he was about to tell me something, but the teacher started speaking before he could.