Prologue

Next Monday is the day that I'm gonna turn into a college student. Finally, I can get rid of the boring and stressful days in high school.

I hope the life in university will be way more interesting... Bro you better not lie to me. I wipe off the water drops on the drinking glass while thinking.

It's been more than a month since I work at this Be A Perfection-BAP Cafe' as a waitress. I have to admit that I'm clumsy and careless sometimes. Oops!

Fortunately, the coworkers here are very kind to me, and the atmosphere is quite soft and fragrant. Consequently, I adapt myself to this working place faster than I've thought.

Ah, After this weekend, I won't be able to come here as often as usual. I suspire sadly.

"YOUNGJI! Don't space out at working time! Quickly, send this cup of coffee to Table 1! " Yen's shouting voice brings me back to reality.

Yen is my bestie in high school. We spent our summer vacation working at BAP Cafe' to earn some money for the dormitory fee. I'm glad that we both are going to enter the same university. There are 50% of excitement and 50% of nervousness lying in my stomach.

"Alright! I'll do it now~" I bubble into a foolish laughter, hurriedly serve the coffee to Table 1.

No need to peek at the coffee in my hand. I already know that it must be Iced Americano.

Because every Friday evening, a man wearing a black mask always walked in our Cafe'. A coworker once told me that this misterious man would come here at 5pm in every Friday only. He always sat at Table 1 with an order of Iced Americano. This custormer acted like this for couples of years. No exceptions.

Wouldn't he be tired of the taste?
I wonder who he really is, out of my curiousity.

"Enjoy your coffee, sir." I serve him with a polite smile.

He only nods, as he always did. His eyes keep sticking on the laptop screen. Why so busy? Is he still a student? Or Has he already working at somewhere? Hmm...

No one have ever heard his voice or seen his whole face due to the big mask.

I should focus on my work now. Don't think of something that is non of your business,Youngji ya. I murmur to myself as I walk back to the counter.

-

Sun shines through the window, landing on Table 1 which is in the cozy corner.

I realize that the mask man has already no where to be seen.

"Youngji hurry up! The Cafe' is going to be closed." Yen screams outside the door.

"Alright, I'm coming! Wait for me!" I shout back and turn the lights off.

Instantly, I squeeze through the rolling steal gate and only to hear a loud CLANK! behind me as it drops to the floor. Phew, that was close!

Running to Yen almost trips myself. I stick out my tonge, embarassed.

"Hey you wanna hitch a ride next Monday morning? My elder bro said that he could drive us to the campus. He also studies there so it won't be a big deal, anyways." I quickly offer, trying to cover up my clumsiness.

"That will be great! Thanks! And I haven't see your brother in person yet!" She answers happily and swings one of her arm around my neck.