1: stained glass

Due to all the feedback and reads, I decided to update. So since I don’t want Alex editing this because every chapter needs to be a surprise, this is all going to be me. So hopefully you’ll still enjoy it, and we’ll let the ride begin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Her hair spilled over into her eyes, as loose strands stuck to her tear marked face. Her mascara had run from her eyes to her cheeks, stains from her foundation could be found embedded into the fibers of her pillows.

Her eyes flickered open and close, each time trying to erase images of him from her mind, but each time she repeated the process, a new memory painfully fell into view.

Beads of sweat dripped off his skin, as he threw another punch, his biceps contracting and constricting with each blow to the bag. His eyes clung onto the red swinging bag, never losing focus on his target; left jab, right jab, block, then another quick left jab.  His chest inhaled and exhaled faster and faster, with each second that ticked from the clock.

Removing the big red gloves from his hand, he reached for his muscle shirt that he had thrown to the side after it got in the way; he used it to free his skin from the sweats stinging grasp. After drying his face, his throat began to throb in pain, so he clutched the water bottle he had lied on the ground, before unscrewing the cap and chugging the entire contents. Throwing it to the side he walked over to the window, and gazed out upon the little piece of heaven, he had bought himself.

“I wish I had someone to share this with.”

His left fist collided with the glass door, leaving an invisible crack; this was the first time he ever allowed himself to express any emotions towards, the thing he ached for so much. He was changing; a piece of his glass had become stained in desire.

He watched as the sun began to fade into different hues; purples, blues and pinks. His heart heavy with sadness as he looked out wondering when he’d ever get his chance at love, one thought that ran through his mind cut through his skin; what if he was destined to be alone?

Her feet fell limp to the floor as she walked over to her window seat; her hands buried themselves in the pillow placed in her lap. Just a fingertips length away was a beautiful world, or that’s what she wanted to think. Her thoughts about the world had been tainted by men; lies, broken promises and deceit had all taught her to never take things for what they seem.

The picture just before her eyes was not beautiful to her at all, for she could only see the bad. When the sun fades, darkness sweeps through the streets and allows death and crimes to plague through them. Not only reaping souls, but taking people who had so much to give—people who had others who loved them.

She wouldn’t mind trading her soul to someone who had something to live for; no one loved her or ever would, because she wouldn’t allow anyone to ever get close to her heart again.

“I just want the real thing” Her heart cried out—but no one heard it.

Slumping back against one of the windows, she allowed her painful thoughts to fall into a dark abyss, as she fell into a deep slumber.

Two people, who share feelings of remorse for something they both didn’t have, but want so bad; one who’s never been able to find someone to give him what he greatly wanted—needed. Another one who has been fooled so many times, that the real thing didn’t seem worth fighting for anymore.

Their paths will cross, but will they just continue to walk through life on a thin sheet of glass; alone, or will they realize the potential that lies ahead of them—together.

[a/n]

Please remember I am a person with feelings, so when you vote and comment it makes me so, so, so happy.

It is short, but hopefully the chapters can increase in length, once I begin to really get into the story.

Well I loved this chapter and hope you do to.