Day Six

Oh god, not another one… He brought in another person. After he dragged the bones to the southwest corner of the room, he carefully lowered an unconscious body down the stairs, dragged him to the shackles and did them back up. Should I or should I not warn him about the branding? If I do he’ll panic, but he may be able to brace himself for it. I think maybe I’ll let him know about it in a day or two, so he can tear a strip of clothing and tie it around his arm, maybe it’ll hurt less. Before I can continue thinking, the man in the mask comes past and shoves a bread roll in my mouth and whispers in my ear. “You tell the others how giving I am to you here; I saved your delicious souls.” I don’t know what he meant by that, but I’m sure that it’s not very giving of him to chain us up and brand us like cows. Wait… cows… beef… delicious… We’re nothing but cattle! He’s going to eat us! Oh god… Oh god! OH GOD! The scraping and splatting, it must have been the flesh from the skeleton. Bless their poor soul. I don’t usually pray, and I’m not the religious type, but to be tortured and then die in here, in these conditions, just to be eaten, this deserves respect. I don’t know if I should tell Claudia and the other guy, there may be a way of setting them free without making them panic and fear as much. This room is taking away my sense of logic. Maybe I’ll just sit here and think it through, before I make assumptions.