Chapter 1 "Happy Birthday"

©2016 All rights reserved to the author.

"It's been to long and I'm lost without you, tell me what I'm gonna do said I've been needing you , wanting you.

Wondering if you're the same who's been with you. Is your heart still mines I wanna cry sometimes. " - aaliyah

  New Orleans, La 11:13am  Friday August 30, 2013.

Bre'on

"No, no , no! I need 15 chocolate and strawberry cup cakes." I spoke to my assistant Georgia. I was preparing for Brylie's party that was going to be tomorrow.

"Yes Georgia and please don't forget." I said as we were about to hang up,  it was about to be my daughters 5th birthday , I haven't spoke with King since  he left. I fell in deep depression and was put in bed rest , I even had Brylie two months early. But she brung me happiness.

I got out of my Audi approaching the pre-school Brylie attended. I was going to check her out to have a little  mommy and daughter time and drop off her invitations to her classmates too.

"I'm here to check out Brylie." I spoke to the secretary at the pre-school.

"One second ma'am." I looked down at my buzzing phone it was Deon , my boyfriend , he and I have been dating since Brylie was 2 years old. He's great around her and she loves him to death. But I will never lead her into thinking he's her dad and he knows it. He's been wanting to work on his first child with me but I'm not ready just yet I don't know how Brylie will take it nor do I think she's ready.

I know it was wrong how I just left He and I have been knowing of each other since high school but when I moved back to Louisiana back in October , he and I met at a coffee shop when I was preparing for an interview.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm picking up Brylie." I stuttered into the phone already knowing what was to come walking into the foil of the school whispering.

"Be home in 15 minutes we need to talk." He said sternly.

"But baby I-" I started.

"You heard what I said." He said before I could hear the dial tone.

I went back into the school and I saw Brylie walking with her teacher from a distance.

Apparently she saw me because she struck out running my way.

"Mommy!" She screamed coming into my arms like she hadn't seen me in ages.

"Hi baby! How was school?" I asked rubbing her hair back.

"GOOD! Can we get ice cream mommy?" She asked with a puppy dog face.

"After mommy takes care of somethings." I assured her kissing her cheeks.

I waved at her teacher as I approached the door with her hand intwined with mines.

I opened the backseat door and watched as she buckled her seatbelt.

"I love you pudding." I kissed her forehead getting ready to close the door Brylie said something that caught me off guard.