Chapter 2 "Better Than Nothing"

" Have you ever been in love with a man some days are all good some days are all bad. Some times he comes home just a little to late , I straight up act a fool but I know I'm gone stay.

Sometimes I call his phone and he don't pick up , but then I get a text damn I'm back in love. He got me here like a fool "  - K Michelle

10:47pm New Orleans, La. Saturday night At Bre'on's house.

Bre'on 

The men were cleaning up outside, while I cleaned my house up. Brylie was already tucked in bed. It's funny how my 5 year old daughter is so attached to her father that she has only known for at least 6 hours. She damn near beat my ass for not letting him stay the night. But as a mother & a soon to be wife I would be disrespecting myself letting my ex lover & baby's father stay the night especially after he's just re-entering  my life. But I did promise to let them spend time together tomorrow. Not that I wanted to be around but for the safety of my child I'm tagging along. I wouldn't dare interrupt their bonding time. We exchanged numbers for the sake of our child and called it a night.

I washed the wine glasses & placed them on the shelves where they belonged on. Finishing up, my sister Natalie entered the kitchen sweeping to help me.

"I know Bre." She said as she continued to look down and sweep.

"You know what?" I asked not turning her way again.

"Just know I know." She said finishing what she was sweeping.

"Okay whatever with what your talking about. How's the club going? I haven't had the conversation with B about it in a while. " I started a brief conversation.

"It's fine bring in lots of cake." She mumbled. I was aware of all the money that was coming from the club. But I wanted no part in receiving it. I left that to Brylie & her father.

    I made two separate accounts I still check on them from time to time & pay the fees for them but me getting the money is a no no. B is basically over the place , while I'm the over seer. But he's also still in the game with King being the friend that he is he decided to give B 50% of what the club was making. But with me not being there physically I pitch in giving B a cut for the help he offers.

"Oh." I responded. I knew something was on her mind & it was all from me. I just wish I could talk to her I don't know what's going on with me.

"Nat Nat?" I spoke

"Yes?" She asked

"I-I-I , I missed you." I lied. That wasn't what I wanted to tell her. Maybe one day I will.

"I missed you too." She turned to me & smiled. She deserved the truth from me.

We finished the rest in silenced and hugged goodbye.

"Call me if you need anything!" She told me with tears strolling down her face my eyes got glossy but I didn't let the tears fall.

"Okay." I trembled knowing l'd fell to do so either way.

When everyone left I headed up stairs first checking on my baby then to my bedroom. I had a long ass day with new problems occurring. I decided on taking a long soak. My music played softly in the back ground while I ran my bubble bath and gathered candles and flowers. No I didn't plan on having sex but I was definitely planning on relaxing. I applied cream to my face as well as dove soap to avoid in incoming heat bumps.

I then took my clothes off slowly then stepping in the tub. The song 'Cursed' came on by Vivian Green.

"It's been a long long time now... And I been trying to get you out." I mumbled laying back with my eyes closed. I could feel someone's presents but I didn't open my eyes I just continued to hum the song.