Life

Aoife's POV:

It's now March 2014 and things are looking up after a long period of darkness. Ailish is thankfully doing better now, after severe observation, regular check ups and 24/7 care. I have to admit, it's been a tough few months for everyone.

Dan decided to put everything work based on hold- he refused to return to the voice for the 3rd time and ideas and recording sessions for the fourth album were put on hold. He gave up everything to be there for Ailish, so once she was allowed home, we moved in to Danny's old home- taking shifts to care for her along with her family.

It was overwhelming for all of us, to see such a strong and independent woman be so weak and helpless. I had witnessed their many tears of fear and confusion... Sometimes pure frustration at how unfair and cruel life was. The best I could do was to try to stay positive,even in this horrible situation.

Danny had somehow avoided the press and interviews on the busy streets of Dublin by wearing trackies, beanies and dark sunglasses. The only people who knew our situation were close friends and family.

But now, as Ailish had got the all clear, the lads were offered to open for the One Republic tour and were now touring the USA while recording the 4th album. It would also be good promotion for them as the first single would come out hopefully late July- Dan hasn't given anything away, so not fair!

I was interrupted from my early morning run at the sound of my phone ringing loudly. I slowed to a walk before taking it out and glancing at caller ID. Danny! I eagerly answered to be met by his soft spoken tones.

"Hi babes!" He exclaimed.

"Hey" I panted, desperately searching for oxygen to inhale- good God, did I really work that hard?!

"You ok? You sound like you're blowing up a balloon there!" He laughed, his bright giggle filling my ears, making me chuckled in response.

"Hahaha, very funny" I stated mockingly. "Nope, just been on a 10 mile run" I said proudly.

"But it's only 6am for you!" He exclaimed disbelievingly. "God that's some dedication!" I chuckled fondly at him. The lads were scheduled to play two nights in LA, so it was now 10pm there for him.

"Too right it is! How's the tour going?"

"It's going amazingly! Every gig just gets better and better- oh ye know that song I told ye about.... Flares? Ryan Tedder's added some touches to it! He's such a cool guy- with great ideas!" He said giddily. I could feel myself beaming from ear to ear- I love One Republic.

"Oh my God, that's great! I'm so glad everything's working out for yez"

"So how's things back home?" He asked, worry wavering in his voice.

"Ye mam's still doing well- I went to see her the other day and she was chirpier than ever" I said, feeling a smile tugging at my lips. I heard him sighing in relief.

"Thank God" he whispered. "I phoned her yesterday to check up on her and she was much better. Thank you for checking on her for me" he said gratefully.

"It's no problem Dan, you know that" I said quietly. We talked for about an hour before I reluctantly hung up, realising that I had to get ready for work soon.

I jumped in the shower and washed my luxurious dark hair and scrubbed the sweat from my skin. God I could stay in this shower forever!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you're all well! Thank you so much for 2k reads! Never thought that this fanfiction would do so well!

Oh God, I'm so so sorry for not updating for like yeeeeaaars! I've had serious writer's block and had no motivation to write at all. It's also very hectic at school; preparing for exams at the end of May..... Boohoo 😔😭

Also, Danny followed me on Twitter the other day! So both him and the lads follow me now! Yay! My account 's @FfionRees15 if any of you are on it, I'll add ye if you follow me!

Omg, you have to give Luke Power (Glen's son) a listen if ye haven't already! He's amazing- definitely following in his dad's footsteps! He's on Facebook and Twitter (@LukePower__)
I really think he's gonna go far.

I'll try to update soon, once I think up a good plot.... I might be ending this soon because of commitments and just shit updates.... But what do you think? Should I continue? Does anyone even read this anymore? Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated!

(P.s can't stop laughing at that pic of Dan and Glen above 😂 Glen's face though haha😂)

Bye for now!

Ffion x