Chapter Eight ~ Until It's Gone

Lauren

It's Saturday morning and Lauren and Victoria decided to relax a little bit at Lauren's house. Victoria was here by eleven so at one in the afternoon they'd go and pick up Lilly from the children's club that she loves to go to. Lauren is making pouring some water into two glasses for herself and Victoria as it is a warm morning. She then takes the drinks to the living room where Victoria is watching some boring stuff on TV and sits down on the sofa next to her.

"How's your mum, by the way?" Lauren almost choked, "Have you talked her lately?"

Lauren shakes her head, "But she did want to communicate if I'm being honest with you."

"Oh really?" Victoria says as a pleasant surprise, "Have you communicated back?"

"Not really." Lauren says quietly, "But she did send this though."

Lauren puts the glass of water on the coffee table and quickly walks to the kitchen and grabbing the letter from her mother from where she secretly hid it and makes her way back to the couch and giving the letter to Victoria.

Victoria checks it out as she seems to be reading it, really focused.

"Love, I think you should go and talk to her." She says once she's finished. "This is your chance. He's not in London for a month."

Lauren sighs, "I don't know if I'm ready yet."

"Fine, you only have forty-eight hours to be ready." Victoria says.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asks confused.

"This Monday I'm driving you to your mum's house and you're going to go and talk to her." Victoria starts explaining, "And I'm going to be right there, next to you."

Lauren looks down while they sit opposite each other in silence letting Lauren to take it all in.

"Ugh, I'm only doing this because of you." Lauren jokes.

"And I'm doing this because I know you wouldn't do this on your own." Victoria replies, "You'll thank me later."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack

He has just woken up and instantly remembers what his brother Shawn said to him. I'm going to be an uncle! He says to himself as he stares at the mirror and smiles as he remembers the day before.

He heads downstairs to the kitchen where he finds his mother making some breakfast. At least that what it seems like she's doing.

"Good morning sweet heart!" She says opening her arms to hug him after she sees him. He hugs her back.

"Good morning, mum." He says before his sets himself around the kitchen table, "I smell toast."

"You're right. Would you love some?" She asks as posh as she tries and Jack replying a yes with a cute nod.

---

Once they're eating at the table, Jack notices that the house seems to be quite this morning.

"Where is dad and Shawn?" He asks.

"Your dad is visiting grandma and Shawn is at Jade's house." She replies. Jade, "Speaking of Shawn, he has told me something interesting yesterday."

He hopes it's not Jade's pregnancy announcement, "Who is the lucky lady you're seeing, huh?"

Phew.

"Um, she's just a friend, nothing special." He says.

If anyone could be lucky it would be her boyfriend not her. She's the special one. He says inside his brain and heart.

"Can I meet her one day?" She asks, "Invite her here as a friend."

"Mum, not again." He says a bit annoyed.

"Come on, sweet heart." She starts sweetly, "I would love to see who you're hanging out with. I'm your mum, I should know these things because I care about you."

He looks at his mum, "Mum, don't make that face, please."

"Anyways, you have an appointment this Monday at the doctor's at ten in the morning." She says completely serious now.

"Okay, I'll go." He says before taking a bite from his toast.

"How have you been feeling, recently?" His mum asks again as she takes her plate to the sink.

"Yeah, this week has been good." He reassures her. He's not lying at least.

"Good for you." She says walking up to him, "You know, if you feel something unfamiliar, you know I should be the first person you should tell. I'll be here no matter what, honey"

He smiles and hugs her. He really appreciates her.