Chapter 10

"You okay Ella?" Niall asked me as I got ready for school.

"Just miss Ava"

"I know, I miss the little nugget too"

"Niall, did you just call my daughter a nugget?" I asked him as I laughed.

"Yeah"

I shook my head "I'll see you later"

"Have a good day at school"

"I'll try"

I got out of the apartment and walked to NYU. My essay was pretty emotional and I had to read it out loud to my class.

"Isabella Carter, do you want to go first?"

"Um sure"

I stood in front of the podium, I heard a door open and noticed it was Harry. My eyes widened when he walked in and sat in the back.

 My eyes widened when he walked in and sat in the back

"Ms. Carter?" I looked at my professor.

"Right um sorry" I nodded and looked down at my essay.

"I was 19 years old when I thought my life was perfect. I had just graduated high school and was going to college. I had the perfect boyfriend which I was going to leave behind. I was in love or so I thought, I realized my parents planned everything out for me. That I never really made a decision in my life, my boyfriend didn't even love me or did he like me. He was paid to be my boyfriend, to be around me and make me fall for him. He was paid by the people who I thought will always have my best interest at heart and who will always love me and support me. But that, I didn't understand. Why would they pay someone to be my boyfriend? Did they think I wasn't capable of actually finding someone who actually likes me or who might actually want to spend time with me? The worst part was I got pregnant, I spent those nine months away before my parents were embarrassed. I spent nine months with my grandparents who care and love me. I gave birth to a beautiful girl named Ava who I loved so much, I was going to keep her. I was going to show her that life isn't perfect and as along as she had me, she'll be okay. I was going to teach her that people are wrong and that they aren't always nice or don't always have your best interest at heart. I was going to teach her better than what my mom taught me. I was going to show her the world but I never got that chance because my mother ripped her away from me." Tears filled my eyes "She said I was going to be an unfit mother and that Ava deserves better than a horrible person like me. She said that no one will ever love me and that I was worthless" I stopped as I voice cracked.

"You don't have to finish Ms. Carter"

"I want to sir please"

"Go ahead"

"She said I will never be good enough for Ava or for anyone for that matter. She gave Ava off to my older brother who she thought was suitable. I spent three years of my life and Ava's fighting to see her. All I got was pictures from my sister in law who felt horrible for what she was involved in. I had enough and decided to fight for my daughter but I'm fighting against my mother and brother who will do anything in their power to make sure I don't get Ava. Now I only get to spend the weekends with my princess but as her aunt, not her mother. I will tell her the truth one day and I will get her back" I looked up and there were some watery eyes in the room. I gave them a slight smile as they clapped for me.