Guinea Guide - Guinea Pig Bath

CHAPTER THREE - Guinea Pig Bath

It is important to give your guinea pig a bath, so that it is clean, healthy, and happy. Your guinea pig might hate a bath, just like my guinea pig, but it's ok. Put them in the bathroom sink or even the bathtub. Then wash them ONCE A MONTH WITH SOAP. And then rinse well.

If your guinea pig is dirty when you are cleaning the cage, put your guinea pig in a sink and rinse it only with water in the spot that it is dirty.

Towel dry them. If it is a long-haired guinea pig (long hairs are with hair that looks like a blanket over them) you can blow-dry them only if needed. If your guinea pig is shivering, keep a dry fuzzy towel wrapped around them and hold them in your arms so it feels warm and safe.

Then you can put it back in its cage.

WHAT SHOULD THE TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER BE?

Well the temperature of the water should be warm. Not too cold, and not too hot. It should either be room temperature or just warm and nice.

MY GUINEA PIG KEEPS JUMPING OUT! HELP!

If your guinea pig jumps out of the sink, then just let him hold on to the sink counter, so it's feet are only in the water. Then hold him and do the cleaning.

If your guinea pig is in the bathtub, get a nice bath pillow that floats and put him on and hold him. This is only successful in shallow water.

WHAT SHOULD THE DEPTH BE?

The depth of the water should be up to its ankles. Guinea pigs can swim, but don't let them swim for too long in deep water, or they could get tired and get really frightened.

***

I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please show you care by voting, commenting, and following. Thank you!