The New Kids

Dad enrolled me into a local high school called McRaven High in the city. I don't even know anybody and maybe I should be homeschooled. But I do not want my weird mother to be my teacher of every subject. Yep maybe the school thing is better to be honest. Dad dropped me off and walked off to his new work place.
     The school is huge like Jack and the Beanstalk giant huge. Many kids looked at me like who the heck are you and what are you doing here. Holding my enrollment paper, I walk into my first period class. I am so nervous.
     "Um hi are you Mrs. Christine Camden?" I asked the woman.
     "Oh yes and I'm expecting a new student is that you?" Mrs. Camden asks.
      "Yeah I'm Willow Shaw," I respond.
      "Come with me, I'll introduce you to the class," Mrs. Camden instructed. As I followed her into her classroom, I see so many new faces staring at me. Oh God, embarrassment is coming, I feel it in my bones.
      "Class, this is a new student and her name is Willow Shaw, please make her feel welcome, why not introduce yourself Willow?" Mrs. Camden suggested.
      "Um hi I'm Willow and I moved here from Seattle, Washington. I have a little brother named Caleb and I now live in Brooklyn," I said awkwardly.
"Wow we have never received any student that moved from Seattle before!" A girl in the front row exclaims.
"We have actually Bryn! Remember Ciara Andrews?" Mrs. Camden reminded.
"Oh yeah and her brother Alec!" Bryn smiled.
"Willow, why not sit next to Bryn and you both may socialize for a few minutes," Mrs. Camden suggested. I sat down next to Bryn silently and Mrs. Camden went back to teaching.