Ch. 8

Rye P.O.V

I watched as Shazza walked up to Riddick, she threw him her water pump thing. "Here" she said. He caught it with easy. He held it in a tight grip, I could tell she trying to make peace but I know he wont budge one bit.

"what its broken?" he said throwing it back down on the ground.

She crossed her arms in front of her, "no. there's still a few hits." she sneered at him, and she kicked it with her foot. I walked up and put my hand on Riddick's shoulder. He tilted his head, to me.

Johns walked behind Shazza, he glared at my hand on Riddick's shoulder. I went to remove it when Riddick grabbed my hand and entwined are fingers.

Shazza hissed, "Actually, you asshole, I'm trying to say that I'm sorry" she said glaring at me too. What the hell did I do?

Johns glared at me too, "okay, lets board this place up and get the hell out of here and you " he said pointing to me, "come with me" he said with one finger motioning for him to follow him.

"what the fuck was up with you and Riddick holding hands?" he growled at me.

"I don't know what your taking about" I said shrugging my shoulders. He growled

He stomped out of the room, and walked up to Fry she was looking at the core samples.

"whatever the fuck those things were, they seem to stick to darkness. So if we stick to daylight we should be all right, okay?" he said standing right behind her. when she didn't look at him, he sighed, he likes her. "lets go"

He was about to walk out, when she whispered "twenty-two years ago." I pushed off the wall and looked at the samples with her, she right twenty-two years ago.

He turned back lazily , "what?"

"these coring samples are dated. Last one's 22 years ago this mouth." she said.

22 years this mouth? I walked out of the place and just as I was leaving I heard John's ask.

" is there something special about that, Carolyn?" he asked sighing

"I don't know" she said looking out at nothing.

I know right where to go, back to the model. I will find out, It was still set at sixteen I started to move the dial....17......18.......19 two planets started to move, 20....21.....22... all three suns where blocked, "nothing but darkness" I whispered.

I went to get everyone, when Fry went running by and into the room.

She was messing with the solar system, "what are you doing I already had it set at 22 its an eclipse" I said, she sneered at me.

"yea well everyone is going to think I figured it out. And Riddick will come running to me you will see" she said with a fake smile.

Whatever, I will kill you.

Everyone started to come in, as she faked like she was discovering what I pointed out 5 minutes ago.

When it hit 22 it was and eclipse dumbass, we are wasting time. "an eclipse" she whispered

Riddick smirked and I saw out of the corner of my eyes Riddick look at me. "you're not afraid of the dark, are you?" he asked with a mischief look on his face.

Fry went stopping out of the building, Johns followed like a lost puppy. I went to move out behind them when Riddick stopped me.

"where do you think your going?" he said closing the door and shoving me up against the door.