20

The environment had a buzz to it with cars revving and fans cheering. It seemed as if the whole city had come down to watch the race tonight. I was quite excited too, maybe mostly because Zayn was participating, but I also had a sinking feeling in my stomach like I always did at a mention of a race due to the memory of how my father had passed away imprinted on my brain. This drift race was one of the most dangerous races one could ever participate in. It was taking place right in the city, on the streets along with other ordinary citizens who would also be on the road which only made me grow more worrisome. But I always did a good job at hiding my fears and join in on the excitement along with whoever was around me. In this case, for me it was only Zayn.

The night sky hung above us all, which meant the streetlights and lights on the buildings were all switched on lighting up the city. Various cars were lined up at the starting point, which was decided on being in front of my auto shop. The race didn't start for another half an hour. Racers were conversing with each other saying how they would beat the other's ass in a friendly manner and flirting with their female fans. And let's just say Zayn had quite a handful of girls over him too, I mean how could he not?

I was leaning against Zayn's Mustang with a bored expression as I rolled my eyes at hearing the hundredth girl gush over how hot Zayn was. I looked at them both in disgust as they flirted with each other. Well Zayn was more like reacting to what was being said to him and returning the favor of complimenting the girl also. As the girl began to ask him about his tattoos on his arms and trace them with her own fingertips, I tried my hardest not to pull at the bitch's hair and decided to divert my attention from them by looking for Daniel.

I saw him few meters away seating in his Mitsubishi in the driver's seat with the door open, as he spoke with his own fans. He had a smug look written on his face which kind of irked me. Can he for once not be so fucking arrogant? Unusually, Daniel seemed a bit too happy to be in a race where Zayn would be competing in too. I couldn't exactly say he had grown more mature handling the situation of Zayn being around since that didn't exactly sit with me right. He was surely up to something...

My struggle to discover what my brother's true intentions were for tonight within my mind, was interrupted when I felt Zayn slide towards me and wrap his around my waist giving me a firm squeeze. I snapped out of my thoughts and laid my eyes on him to see him still engrossed deeply in a conversation with the chick. I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes.

"Hey, is it okay if I can get an autograph?" the girl asked flirtatiously as she bit her lip and pulled out a marker from her pocket.

I was giving the girl a death glare but neither her nor Zayn noticed. She didn't have any fucking paper on her! Where the fuck was she going to ask him to sign?!

"Yeah, sure." Zayn chuckled and pulled his arm away from me to grab the marker which only made me more furious. "Where do you want it?"

"Here." she pulled her tank top down almost exposing her breast in the process and lifted an eyebrow.

This cunt!

"How about no?" I blurted out snatching the marker from Zayn's hand. I wasn't just going to stand there and watch this happen! "Buy some fucking paper next time and then ask for autographs bitch! Gain some respect yourself first for fuck's sake."

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me right, now leave!" I pointed with my thumb demanding her to get out of my face.

"I'll do whatever I want, who the fuck are you?"

"Not a whore like you, that's for sure." I crossed my arms. "Leave before I fucking make you regret it."