Chapter 1

OK.

OK.

OK.

She could do this. She could do this, of course. It's school. School's familiar. School is home, happiness, and brimming with stuff she always liked. This high school(not middle, thank God) even has dorms, so she really could make it home after all.  And the only downside is it's filled with people. People. Big, intimidating, smart-ass, most likely privileged people. She shrank. She clutched the fabric of her skirt, lifting her eyes and counting the ornaments on the ceiling. She breathed. She inhaled, exhaled, and sat taller. She could do this.

"Ms. Lockser!"

Juvia sighed. The girl stood from her seat, smoothing out her wrinkled school uniform best she could as she rose, and proceeded to greet the headmaster with a courteous, small bow and a polite smile on her pale face. "Pleased to meet you, sir." Juvia said. "Likewise!" the man grinned. "It's a delight to meet an elegant, quite talented mage such as yourself," the headmaster chuckled. He gave a tiny nod to Juvia's anxious state, dug his hands inside his pockets, and started walking at a brisk pace. The short, balding gentleman directed her sight to the landmarks of the school(in case she got lost), the school dormitories, eight major libraries, four cafeterias, classrooms, park, entrance and exit. It was a grand spectacle, with the whole campus covering more than the map's outline had originally suggested(and even then the school was shown as huge, about the size of a private college).

The man kept talking about the different "parts" of the school; the way the buildings were divided, named and such. The different "parts" were named after the main cities or regions in Fiore, and the dorm buildings(though officially unnamed) were given nicknames of sorts, and each had their own, individual headmasters(called vice-masters to try and ease confusion. It doesn't). "We started calling them guilds," the man explained, "as a joke, but it really stuck with the students so we kept it. And the vice-masters, like myself, are called 'guild-masters'. Quite clever, isn't it?" the short man beamed. Wait, "But I thought you were the headmaster," Juvia said. "how come the school's actual headmaster isn't here?"

"Well, we needed to become acquainted, my dear. After all, I thought since I would be overseeing you and your fellow peers in Fairy Tail, your dorm building, we needed a firm--" the man twirled his hand in thought, "familiarity with each other. Plus, sorry to say, no one but the faculty really sees the headmaster regularly outside of pep rallies, games, dances, and fundraisers; he's quite a busy man, Ms. Lockser."

The "guild-master" sighed. He turned and halted the tour, extending his hand to the two vast and grand buildings before them, a bridge-like walkway above connecting the two structures. In between the tall, marvelous buildings was another walkway(with either side of the path covered with flowers), leading to a courtyard adorned with cherry blossom trees. Silver brick paths, plants, trees, benches, grassy field, a fountain; it was like a miniature school of its own the way it was surrounded. And the plains of grass extending from the entrance to the rest of the school campus
seem all infinite green, with the other dorm buildings to the right, left, and forward of Juvia no bigger than the size of her hand in the distance. "This," said the man, dramatically spreading his arms, "is the Fairy Tail dorm."

The man turned to Juvia, her gaze kept on the beauty of it all. She looked behind her, the dorms off in the distance, the wonder that was the administration building and main office. The dorms were more modern structured; that of skyscrapers with the way they were covered in glass. The classrooms and libraries, however, were made with the blended design of classical, Victorian, and Gothic architecture, and everything was surrounded by oaks and cherry trees. "There are four classroom buildings." the man said, drawing Juvia's focus back to him. "They are all at the center of the campus, very close to the North and South gymnasiums. The entire high school campus is very much like a lollipop; the dorms all circle around the classrooms, libraries, and gyms, with the main office at the entrance being the lollipop's stick. If you're wondering about the pools and stadiums, they're close to the athletic courts and gyms. Oh, and in case you forget which dorm building is yours, the white mark on the side of each will tell you." he said, pointing to the left side wall of the building(the ones facing the classroom buildings).

The gentleman extended his hand toward Juvia, smiling. This man really was just too happy. Juvia shook it, shyly. She smiled, tried to anyway, back at the man. He lifted his head up to her, grinned even wider, and opened his mouth: "Welcome to the Fiore Academia School of Magic! I'm your guild-master, Makarov Dreyar." The master shook Juvia's hand with intense enthusiasm.

Welcome to high school.