The story of Mia Wilder's life

January 1, 2010

So it is now 2010, how do I feel? Terrible! Dad gets deployed in 3 days, and I'm moving to my Aunt Jamie's house with 5 of my cousins. I miss my mom more than ever now and I just don't want to do anything. I keep telling myself I will be okay. Dad will come back, but how can I stay positive when I know people will be shooting at my dad? I even have to move away from Damion! The love of my life and I have to say good bye! And what about Tiah! How do you tell your best friend your leaving her? What If the two people who I care for the most, learn to hate me because I didn't tell them! I hate my dad for leaving me for 9 months and putting all this pressure on me! How is a 15 year old girl supposed to live a life like I am now going to have to? I hate the fact that i might miss a phone call from him. Or only get to talk to my dad once a week! But Around this time next year I will see my dad all in one piece and we will be together and his contract will be done!

************************************

"Mia! Come down and get your breakfest" my dad screams down the stairs.

"Coming!" I yell back putting on my jeans and a green and purple sweatshirt. I quickly run down the stairs and see my dad in his Army uniform getting ready for the big training. I try to hold the tears back as he puts eggs and bacon on my plate.

"What does my princess have planned today? He questions in a quiet tone, as he serves himself breakfest.

"Dad do you really think a 15 year old girl really wants to be called a princess?" I asked him. He shook his head no, and I continued. "I'm probably going for a run once you leave, then Tiah might come over along with Damion. I haven't auctally told them I'm leaving yet." I look at my dad whose head is down.

"Mia I'm really sorry but you know I don't get to choose when I leave and for how long! And with your mother gone aunt Jamie is the closest relative. You should be happy you have your aunt and she is willing to take you in." At this point he's glaring at me.

" I know. I'm really sorry. I just can't believe you're really leaving me for 9 months! And I barely know Aunt Jamie. And 5 kids? Come on! And going to a place full of people all the time! What about school! I have no friends there! Tiah and Damion are going to hate me! How do you tell your best friend and boyfriend your leaving them for 9 months?" He just looks at me and replies "I have to go to work. I will see you at 5:30 so we can go out for a special dinner." He walks around the table, kisses my forehead, and walks out the door.

I walk up to my bedroom and lay on my bed. I grab my phone and text Damion and Tiah to come over.

Half and hour later, Tiah, Damion, and I are all just talking like everything's perfect. I can't hold it in anymore! I have to tell them!

"Hey guys, would you still love me if I lived miles away?" I looked down and held back my tears.

"Oh course" they both answered. I smiled and decided to continue. "We'll you both know my dads in the army" they both nodded. "Well he's getting deployed in 3 days... And well I'm moving to New York City with my Aunt Jamie." I looked at them. Tiah looked like she understood, but Damion looked Ferious.

"Why are you just telling me now? You are leaving in 3 days and you are just deciding to tell me?" Damion starts to tear up. "How long have you known?"

"Only since last month." I couldn't stand to look at Damion in the eyes. He was so upset and disappointed in me! I felt terrible!

"Really Mia? You couldn't talk 10 minutes out of your time last month to tell me?" He looked at me as I looked at the ground. "Obviously you didn't care about either one of us as much as we though!" He still was looking at me. He slowly turned around with Tiah following and they left. That was it. They had known and I hurt the two people I loved more than anything!