Chapter 2

After Tiah and Damion left, I decided I needed to clear my mind, so I went on that run. As I ran down the street that would no longer be home home, I couldn't stand to not think of the memories I had when I was younger. The tree just a few yards down the road from my house was the tree I climbed and fell out of and broke my arm when I was 9. A few more yards down the road was my old friend Daniel's house, where we used to run in the corn fields behind the house and play hide and seek. As I kept running I soon realized I was smiling at all of the memories I loved. Once I got near the end of the road, I slowed down and stopped smiling.

"This is where it happened" I thought to myself. "This is where my mom lost her life." I started to walk towards the graveyard where my mom was burried. Once I entered the graveyard I walked to my mothers tomb stone and kneeled. I put my hand on it and closed my eyes. "Mom, if you can hear me" I paused because I felt tears running down my soft roses Cheeks. "I just want you to know there is not a day I don't think about you! And I know you will always listen to me! But I miss you mom" at this point I'm starting to sob. I lay down next to her tomb stone and I slowly drift off to sleep.

************************************

When I woke up, I forgot that I had fallen asleep in the graveyard, so I checked my phone. It's was 5:15. I had to get home! Dad and I were going to my favorite Restaurant since I was a kid. I started to run home hoping that I would beat dad.

When I got home, father hasn't arrived yet. So I quickly jumped into the shower. Once I was done I got dressed and did my make-up. I only put on mascara and black eye liner. I ran down stairs and looked around for Father. He still wasn't here. It was now 5:45. I was starting to get nervous, but I went back upstairs, brushed my teeth and grabbed my phone. I went back down stairs and he still wasn't there. I walked into our lonely living room. I hated this room because it was moms favorite. It was the most colorful room in the house. When my parents first got married, and bought this house they couldn't stand this room. With a little of my mothers artistic talent, they made it beautiful. There were all kinds of colors. After I turned one, my mom left some markers in my reach and I colored all around the room. My mom loved it. And that's why it was her favorite room. I sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes. Right at that moment I heard a car in the drive way. The a door close! Soon after dad walked into the house.

"Mia I'm so sorry! I got held up at work. Let me go change and we can go!" He kissed my forehead and ran up the stairs.

When he came down, we got in the car and drove to Joe's steakhouse. "So how was your day?" He asked. He sounded nervous as if he was hiding something.

"Well Damion and Tiah are upset with me and didn't even want to say good bye. " I paused debating on if I should tell him about my visit to mom. " I also went on a run down the road. I was just spending some time with mom. That's about it." I started to look out my window. I thought about how much I loved our small little town. I didn't want to leave.

"I'm sorry. You will see them again. And you can text them! And Skype. I mean its not like your never going to we them again." He looked at me then right back at the road.

"I guess" I said quietly as we pulled into Joe's parking lot.

After we got seated my Dad looked at me. I could sense he had to tell me something, but he wouldn't say it. So I asked him what was going on.

"Mia I have to tell you something. " he started. He looked at the table. "Your Aunt Jamie is coming to get you tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting deployed a little sooner than we expected. I need you to get packed as soon as we get home." He looked at me. I looked away. I wasn't upset. I didn't want to go, but I knew there was no way in getting out of this.

"Okay." I looked down.

The rest of the night was quiet. When we got home I went upstairs and started to pack. I made sure I packed the important stuff first. My phone charger, iPod charger, and my make-up. Then I put in my clothes. After I packed I brought everything down stairs by the door. And there was a lady standing by the door.

"Mia." My dad started. "This is your Aunt Jamie." She walked in a gave me a huge hug.