♀Briella

dedicated to bastille because well I just basically copyrighted your name and used it for my main character lol. That, and I just LOVE your name. It's so pretty <3 I also love your writing style  ^^ Gosh everything bout you is perf. So enjoy, because you're a pretty major character in this story! That, and you know, have a pretty hot imaginary friend. ;p

Briella

------------------------------------------

WHEN I WAS LITTLE, I didn't ask how babies were born. I'd heard my parents tell me a billion times too many that storks delivered babies around the world in their beaks. Of course that never set well with me when I discovered the truth years later. I was actually glad I didn't know after. On the contrary, I was more curious about where babies were before they were born. Did we start out in heaven before we even died? Did God send us off with well wishes on our future lives down on Earth? More importantly, did we have to wait years and years for someone to get pregnant just so we could attach ourselves to a body? Or would some of us stay up in the air forever, floating for eternity?

Thinking about these sort of things make my head hurt. So I don't think about it. I imagine that I wasn't just a thing in the air. Not insignificant; but weightless, free and invisible. I think about how they might give you a choice up there before you're born. Whether you want to have your father's blue eyes or your mother's tinkling laugh. Whether you want an older sibling, or any siblings at all. And then in fine script, they'll warn you that the family you go into might be dysfunctional: the father might be a drunkard or abusive. The mother might have an ongoing affair with your father's bestfriend. But you sign the paper anyways, because you're happy that you'll get to belong somewhere, or maybe you just don't know what hatred is, since it doesn't exist in Heaven.

Either way, everyone is here for a reason, although half a dozen of them don't sound as flattering as you'd like them to sound. For just one simple unprotected night, you wind up with a much bigger result than you intended in the first place. Because nine months later, whoop there it is! You got a baby, and great, now you have to take care of it. This will be easy, considering you still haven't paid off the month's rent at the apartment you shared with your boyfriend. Who, come to think of it, left the moment you told him you were pregnant, like the coward he is. Two words: good luck.

And just when I'm at the age of all insecurities -when boys think you have cooties- he goes and shows up when I'm having a tea party with my dolls in my treehouse. No, not he as in Danny Fisher, the cutest boy in Casa who I had the biggest crush on at the moment. It was a big deal, believe me. Even little girl crushes were hard, seeing as how you didn't know if drawing a picture and leaving it in his cubbyhole would scream 'too much.' He, the boy I mean, just appeared out of thin air. He looked about my age, except he was taller and leaner than me, with kid freckles speckled around his face and dark hair with deep, ocean blue eyes. The kind of eyes every little girl fantasizes on the guy of their dreams after they watch The Little Mermaid and fall in love with Eric. That was when I decided that I should give up my unrealistic crush on Danny, seeing as how he would never fall for a brunette who was just so painfully.. plain. And I fell head over heels for this guy, who I had only just met a few minutes ago, but to me, had felt like a thousand years.

"H-hi, who are you?" I asked, ever the shy one, a little frightened since I was just going to give Leo the Dolphin his cup of 'tea.'

"I don't know." He said, looking confused.

"Did you lose your mummy?"

"I don't have one."

I clapped my hands over my mouth, shocked to silence. Everyone usually told me that I was nosy and needed to be more polite and sensitive of other people's feelings. Obviously I didn't understand much of what they were saying, as all it sounded like was a garble of words to me.