lost//gone

Exposed and bare and no where to run.

Fingers as cool as ice glided themselves to my burning cheek, down to my chin, and stopping at the canvas of my parted lips.

Breathing heavenly in such a way only he could elicit.

"Why?" I whispered, my voice barely audible, but enough for him to hear.

I was lost at his movements. 

I didn't even realize he moved closer.

But he did not answer, but I knew that- if he whispered or breathed a single thing, I knew-  I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

His fingers continued to roam my cold, pale face- touching me like, like a child having never seen the world - strange, yet so inviting.

I closed my eyes, savoring the feel of his cold, long fingers brushing against my burning skin. 

Everywhere he touched, left a desire.

When I felt his fingers firmly wrap around my cheeks, my eyes opened.

He brought his face closer to mine and those curious fingers trailed down to my exposed skin.

 The tips of his fingers stopping at the edge of my insanity.

Fingers glided along my skin, discovering every filled insecurity one could possess.  

Temptation flickering through vacant, yet daring eyes.

Eyes that analyzed every sudden movement.

Eyes, showing shown a hidden war of want and desire, leaving pieces of remorse behind.

A desire escaped my lips and in just a blind second, decisions and decision surfacing in a matter of moments.

Darkening his sad, empty eyes.

 For I too knew he wanted me, as much as I, had wanted him.

The looks and words whispered among us will always remain unknown,

for it was our secret.

His intense, curious gaze captivated me to the point that I let him take everything that was left of me.

To the point that it reminded me that he and I, were both lost and

both gone.