▪《Mysterious Elleth》▪

Thanduil's POV.

It's a peaceful day in the forest, which is normally a good thing, but something's off. It's quiet. Too quiet. Not to mention a strange scent and aura.

A light breeze made my long white hair brush against my face. I thought I heard something like a loud grunt of pain in the distance.

I stopped my elk, and my guards stopped as well. Before they can ask why I had neglected to continue, I hold up a hand meaning silence.

Then I recognize it as the evil aura of the the massive spiders, and the scent of blood... elvish blood. Wasting no time, I led my elk as we speed towards the scene with my guards close by.

Upon arriving, I saw the spiders trying to capture something, which I assumed was the elf, and my guards immediately began shooting the spiders with bow and arrows.

They screamed and ran away back up into the trees, and then I could see a she-elf standing in the mist of the chaos with her bow and arrow pointed straight for my heart.

When my guards saw where she was taking the situation they point their arrows at her head, but I gave them the okay, to which they reluctantly obeyed. Her clothes were soaked with blood, and I could tell she had lost too much, and soon she'll pass out.

"Who are you?" I asked, out of curiosity. What she-elf would be in this part of woods alone? But to my irritation, she ignored my question.

"I had them. There was no need for you and your guards to interfere." She's being unreasonably ungrateful, but it doesn't matter because I didn't ask her that.

"I asked you a question. Who are you?" I asked a little more sternly, but remained calm. This little she-elf is trying my patience now.

"Who I am is my own business, and certainly no concern of yours." She spat back, intending to do so. I started to raise my voice out of anger, but her next move stopped me.

I watched as the choleric she-elf hissed in pain and suddenly fell to the ground with a soft thump.

'How inconvenient.'

Kneeling down beside her small form, I checked her wrist for a pulse, and held my hand over her nose to see if she was breathing, and she was.

I took a minute to briefly look over her body for any serious injuries. She was losing too much blood, and if I leave her out here she'll die.

I don't know why, but I picked her up bridal style, and mounted my elk with her laying disturbingly still in my arms. I can get the healers to restore her strength.

I had one of my guards carry her bow and arrows.

"Are you really bringing her back with us? She could be dangerous." My loyal general, Aearion (Eye-ARE-ee-ion), said as he reached for her, but I put up my hand to stop him from coming closer.

"It's alright, Aearion, she's unconscious, and when she wakes up, I doubt she'll be that dangerous." He nodded uncertainly, and we continued the journey to home.

Going home felt unusually short this time because of all the thoughts floating around aimlessly in my head.

I couldn't keep myself from glancing down at her petite frame. Her long hair resembles that of black silk, and skin so pale and soft, and her lips have such a stained blood red color.

'Who is this little ellenth?'

Her looks aren't all that I noticed. What a strange she-elf. She's wearing trousers instead of a gown, and she's completely filthy. She must've hit her head really hard. A line of blood seeping through her hair has dried down the side of her face.