26 - Pain and Anger

I stood with a nervous smile playing on my lips, and fingers fiddling with each other. Dhruv's back faced me as he listened to his friend.

I would tell him today. I took a deep breath and smoothed my hair again. That kiss meant something, right? It had been two days since he kissed me. We hadn't talked about it yet. Maybe he was shy and had no idea what and how to talk about it. If he couldn't then I would talk and confess my feelings to him.

"Dhruv." With a quick swirl, he faced me with a huge grin. I loved his grin. He flew his hands at the back, sending his friend away.

"How come you didn't call me rabbit?" I arched my eyebrow and we both started walking to the class. In ninth standard, our sections were changed and he complained to his parents to put him in my class. At the same time, I too did to mine. Next day we both came with the applications for the change of section and laughed.

In the end, it was him who came in my new class.

"How are you, rabbit?" I spoke loudly, making some students glance at us with a funny look. I passed him an innocent look. His lips thinned but his eyes were laughing at me.

"You're embarrassing." He roamed his eyes down my figure and opened his mouth. "You forgot to wear clothes?"

Puzzled, I glanced down and saw the skirt was at the right place and socks too.

"Where is your leggings?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes, Sanchi. You catch cold easily. Can't you take care of yourself? It's so cold today." Yes, I could see from the way you dressed up. No coat and sweater and scolding me. "Wait, I get my sweater."

"But how your sweater will help me?"

"Tie it to your waist." He's so damn stupid.

"I'm fine, Dhruv, totally fine." I glared at him. "You should wear the sweater."

"No, no, you're the one who catches cold easily. I'll survive." Reaching the class, he went to his seat, got the sweater and placed it on my hands. "Lele, tu bhi kya yaad rakhe gi."

The girls from the front seat glanced at us with interest. I passed them a glare to stop staring while Dhruv shifted his gaze to the teacher. They passed me a sly smile.

'Tell him' Tanya mouthed. I nodded. Facing Dhruv, he gave a tight smile to my friends. He didn't like them and had told me thousand times that they weren't nice and were changing me. I didn't understand what change he was speaking. I was still the same Sanchi.

"Dhruv, I need to tell you something?"

"Okay." As the class wasn't populated, it was the best time to tell him. "But first the sweater." Rolling my eyes again, I tied the arms of the maroon sweater to my waist, as if it would keep the cold wind from brushing against my legs. But he was stubborn and would've told mom about it.

She already scolded me in morning for leggings.

He smiled seeing the sweater.

"Okay, tell."

"I - "

"Excuse me." It wasn't me. Turning the gaze, Alina was standing in front of us, looking for the way. We were blocking the aisle. My feet went back to allow some space. When she passed away, I turned my gaze back to him, but he wasn't looking at me but at someone else. Tracing his path of gaze, it halted at Alina, who was putting her books on the bench at the corner of the room.

"Dhruv." I passed my hand in front of him.

"I need to tell you something." He looked at me with a different glint in his eyes. "What do you think about her?" He nodded his head at Alina's direction.