Cute Guys In Bookstores? I'm In Heaven!

Ari's P.O.V.

After Sienna had taken off, I walked around campus in search of the bookstore. After about 10 minutes of aimlessly walking around, I found it. As I entered, I dug into my pocket, and pulled out my booklist, then went to go find them. I found almost all of them, and had one more to go. As I found the shelf on which my Lit book was located, I sighed. It was so high up, and I wasn't that tall. I looked around in search of a ladder or stool, but couldn't find any. Just as I began jumping up to try and reach the book, someone came up to me.

"Need a hand?" asked a voice.

I turned around to see a guy standing in front of me. He wore a grey wife beater, red basketball shorts, and black addidas flip flops with socks. He had the build of a basketball player, and his skin was just lightly tan. His dark brown hair lay in perfect locks around his head, and his storm cloud grey eyes almost put me in a trance. Both his ears were pierced, and although I usually didn't like piercings on a guy, he could work it. Wow, he was hot! Who would've thought I'd see guys like him in a book store.

"Definitely," I said with a smile.

With out even having to stand on his tipy toes, he grabbed the Lit book with a stretch of his long, muscular arm.

"There you go," he said, handing it to me.

"Thanks," I said appreciatively. 

"No problem. But why don't you thank me by getting some lunch with me?" he asked with a smile.

Damn, his smile was beyond perfect. I didn't have a ton of experience with guys, since I only had one boyfriend, but I wasn't stupid. I knew how to flirt, to play the game.

"Hmm maybe, if you tell me your name," I bargained.

"Jake, and yourself pretty lady?" he asked, flashing that insanely gorgeous smile again.

"I'm Arianna, but you can call me Ari," I said, extending my hand.

He took it, squeezed it lightly, and shook it.

"It is very nice to meet you Ari. So what do you say about lunch?" he asked.

"Well, I guess I kind of owe you," I said as though I had to go.

He laughed, and then walked with me to the cash register where I paid for my books. After, he took me to a cafe close by.

"You're a freshman right?" he asked after we ordered our food.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked, impressed.

"Well for one thing, only a freshman would be buying books on move in day. For another, there is no way I would've missed a pretty face like your's last year" he said with a wink.

My heart tingled.

"Aww, well aren't you sweet. But you were in the book store too mister!" I replied.

"Ok you caught me, I'm a bit of a dork," he said.

After we got our lunch, we ate and talked. The conversation consisted of a ton of flirting, along with getting to know each other. Jake was a sophomore, originally from New York. He was here on a basketball scholarship, but he certainly wasn't stupid. In fact, he was quite intelligent, the opposite of all the jocks back home in Seabrook, including my ex. His dream was to make it into the NBA, and I admired the passion with which he talked about it.

After lunch, we walked around the campus for a couple of hours, talking about anything and everything. We had a lot in common, but we also had quite a few differences. I could definitely see myself being friends with him, maybe even more.

"Hey, I better get back to my room, it's getting kind of late," I said reluctantly, not wanting to stop talking to him.

"Sure, no problem. Do you want me to walk you back?" he asked.

I was about to say definitely, but then I stopped. Was I being stupid? I just met this kid...what if he was like a serial killer or something?

"I don't have to if you don't want to, but I promise I'm not like a serial killer or something" he said, like he had just read my mind.

I laughed, and gestured for him to walk with me. 

"Well, here we are," I said as we reached my dorm.

"I had a lot of fun today, you're not so bad for a frosh" he said with a grin.

"Me too. And I guess you're ok," I said with a smile.

I did a lot of that today, hopefully I didn't look creepy.

"So, would you want to do this again some time?" he asked.

"Definitely. I'll give you my number, and you can call me sometime" I said.

He took out his phone and handed it to me, and then I put my number in his contacts and handed it back. After I gave it back to him, he flipped it open, pressed a few buttons, and then put the phone to his ear. My phone began to ring, and I opened it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, it's Jake. You free tomorrow night?" he asked.

"Well I'll have to check my schedule but-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Great, I'll get you at 7. See you then," he said as he flipped his phone shut.

I couldn't help but bite my lower lip and smile. He smiled back, then turned and walked down the hall. I watched until he was out of sight. Today was definitely the best first day I could've ever had. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. As I opened the door, I fell into the most awkward situation I had ever faced. Sienna was lying on her bed, but she most certainly wasn't alone. On top of her was another girl, who I couldn't quite see since the room was dark. They were in the middle of making out, but my sudden entrance caught the girl off guard. She immediately stopped and turned around.

"What the hell," said Sienna.

I thought she was mad at me for walking in.

"Oh my God, I'm so-" I began, but she cut me off.

"Valerie, why are you stopping?" she asked the girl on top of her.

"Uhm...your roommate just walked in..." said Valerie, confused.

"So, who cares," said Sienna, like what Valerie said didn't make sense.

Before Valerie could respond, Sienna continued to kiss her, and began to take her shirt off. She didn't refuse, and they got back into their flow. I stood in the doorway for a moment, bewildered by what had just happened, and then quickly shut the door and sat outside. Yeah, I definitely wasn't in little old Seabrook anymore.