Prologue

Heyyy so this is a new story ive been working on for a while so check it out and tell me what you think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

 “Brooklyn Clarissa Hathorn!!!” He screamed as he marched up my stairs to my room.

Not again. Please not again; I thought I already got my beating for the day. I have bruises all over my torso and I think a cracked rib. I don’t think I can survive another one today.

Suddenly my door slams open reviling a very ticked-off dad. His eyes were literally burning red with furry; His hair a black mess from sleeping, and the bottle of vodka laid loose in his hand. If looks could kill I would have been dead a long time ago. I wonder what I did this time to get him this angry with me.

“SHE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU DROVE HER TO THE FERGE OF DEATH AND NOW SHE’S GONE!”  He yelled as he punched me in the stomach.

I fell to the floor of my room clutching my stomach; quivering in fear as he reached down and pulled me up by my hair. I can’t believe he would do this to his own child. Beat me until I bleed, make me cry and live in fear every day. Not knowing if one day he’ll take it too far and just finish me off.

“YOU’RE SUCH A-“his taunting was cut-off by the sound of my brother, Travis, swinging the door opens as fast as he could to get to me.

He was stunned to see dad holding me up by my hair, fist pulled back waiting for the right time to strike a deadly blow, silent tears slowly falling down my face, but yet I did not whimper ‘cause it would only make dad angrier.

“PUT HER DOWN YOU FUCKING BASTERD.”  Travis hissed through his teeth, trying to hold back the urge to punch him right here and now.

“And why should I, Travis dear. This bitch needs to learn that your mother’s death was her fault! She deserves to be beat!” Dad declared as Travis made his way over to us across the room.

“I SAID PUT HER DOWN!” Travis repeated; the anger now raging on his face.

“Go away Travis so I can finish her beating.” Dad said letting his fist collide with my stomach. I couldn’t help but whimper as the tears started flowing out harder. Dad let go of my hair causing me to collapse on the ground.

That was it. I know Travis had seen enough; and as if on cue Travis punched him in the stomach. Dad collapsed on the ground clutching his stomach. He is so weak, can’t even take a punch. Travis helped me up and walked me over to my bed so I could lie down.

“You may be able to help her now but what are you gunna do when you graduate at the end of this year. You’re not gunna stay here. Then there will be no one to stop me from my beatings.” He said as he walked out of my room. A sly smile rolling across his face.

When the door finally closed I looked at Travis who was sitting at the foot of my bed. There was a tiny tear starting to trickle down his face. This is strange; I’ve never seen Travis cry before. I tried to say something but every time I tried there was a surge of pain in my chest.

“Travis?” I managed in a faint whisper. I could feel the tears starting to burn in the corner of my eyes. He looked up at me, tears now flowing slowly. I was shocked. His eyes were full of sadness and fear, His face was pale with a greenish tinge. He looked as though he had just watched someone die right in front of him, and I know exactly who it was. Me. I knew he was just thinking of how much worse its gunna be when he has to leave. He was always there to stop dad before he went too far, but soon he’ll have to leave me with that horrible bastered.

Suddenly, he straightened up as he registered the pain in my voice.

“Shhhh Brooke, don’t try to talk just listen. I need to think of a way to get you out of here.” He stated as he moved to lie down beside me. I don’t know why or how but all the tears and emotions I have held back for years all came out. Slowly he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to him so my head could rest on his chest. I didn’t protest, I just laid there and cried. I cried because Travis. I cried because my mom. I cried because I couldn’t have a normal life. Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOOOOOOOO?!? Watcha think???

COMMENT!!!VOTE!!!FAN!!!

                                Emo_Love13