Four

***Time Skip, 5 Months Later!***
WARNING: This chapter will have graphic and touchy subjects such as suicide! If any of it bothers you DO NOT READ!!

Kuru's POV

"Something's wrong with Muva man, She been acting different since she found out she was pregnant." I sighed into my hands as I sat in my house, talking to Kim, my baby's best friend. "I mean, maybe it's the hormones? You know being pregnant changes us women." Kim laughed at little, but stopped when I sent her a glare that said, 'Ain't shit funny.'
I shook my head again, something in my stomach telling me Muva ain't right. Something's bothering my love and she ain't telling me what. I watched her sit up all night just spaced out with that blank expression on her face so many times. Whenever I'd ask she'd just smile and say, "Nun baby." Aurora's shrill cries echoed through the house and I stood up to get her, but Kim stopped me. "Let me get her, you need rest. You lookin like president Obama right about now." She shook her head and walked towards Aurora's nursery and I laid back onto the couch, closing my eyes. Just as my mind began to drift as sleep took me my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked wearily. I wasn't in the mood for talking.
"Miss Aikogara?" A man's voice asked, his voice professional, like a lawyer's. "Yes?" I asked. What could he want?
"You are Miss Muva Parrish's emergency contact. Do you know that she is in the E.R right now?" My eyes shot open and I rocketed up out of my seat like racing horses out of their gates. "What happened??" I half screamed at the man as I ran around my home, snatching my keys and jacket up. Kim stood in the hallway, watching me in confusion and mouthing, 'What happened?' I ignored her as I ran out the door.
"She jumped from the Jefferson Overpass."

Muva's POV, 40 minutes earlier

I can't do this shit no more!

The night was just beginning to fall and the road leading to the Jefferson Overpass was pretty empty, just like I knew it'd be. Rain was pouring hard and my poor thin baby pink cotten sundress was sticking to my body, carefully outlining my very pregnant belly. I was totally soaked, but I didn't really care. I'd left my car on the side of the road unlocked with my phone laying in the drivers seat, a carefully written message left on the screen. I also left my pretty sandals, the ones Kim bought me. I didn't want to lose them, even though I'd never wear them again.
Kuru, Aurora, Kim I love y'all. I do. I really fucking do.
Even though the rain streamed down my face and concealed them, my eyes over flowed with tears. I could probably drown in them if I had collected them all over these last few months since I made the biggest mistake in my life.
A chill ran down my spine as I climbed over the safety rail and mini wall, but not from fear. It was from the anticipated relief I was going to feel when all this shit was over and done with. Just a few more seconds...
Lord Forgive Me for my sins. This load is too big for me to bear anymore. I'm sorry.

I closed my eyes and pictured my family, the people I loved. I pictured them happy and moving on with their lives. Everything would work out fine without me. Those final thoughts gave me my resolve.
Good Bye.
Narrator's POV

The sick sound of metal crunching and the scream of cars hitting their breaks and swerving lit the evening air on fire. There on the asphalt lay what looked to be a woman, bloodied and broken with skin and meat missing from her face and arms, and snapped bones visible through her flesh. The driver of the SUV that she'd landed on sat in shock, his windshield, having been busted on impact, protecting him from the gruesome sight.
A teenager from another car that had veered off the road ran over to the crumpled body, and vomit threatened to fill his mouth when he got close enough to notice that her water had broken, causing a puddle of blood and amniotic fluid to grow around her. As much as the young man wanted to turn tail and run, he inched close enough to check her pulse. His eyes grew wide and he shouted to his mom.
"Call 911!! She's alive!!"
---------

Another short chapter I know. 😒 But I had to write it! Y'all know I love drama. Special thanks to AubriannaMiShelle for being my bestfrien/separated at birth sister. I love her. Y'all should check out her books, 'Rue Love', 'Him', and her newest creation, 'Rue Love 2' 😊😊😊
Until next time !!!