Chapter 7

Ariel's POV
I woke up feeling better the next day.

Matthew did drop by yesterday afternoon. He brought me daisies and chocolate. Super sweet.

Cameron, on the other hand, left me alone and didn't text me, which I wasn't complaining about.

It was after school and Andi walked up to me.

"Hey girl," she smiled as I took my books I needed for homework later out of my locker.

"Hey, Andi?" I questioned why she was so happy.

"There's a party tonight at Aaron's. He invited me and said I should bring you too!" she was very excited about it.

"Really?"

She nodded quickly.

"But you know I don't like parties.." I trailed off.

She almost slapped me.

"Girl, this is Aaron Carpenter we're talking about!" she squealed, holding her heart dramatically.

"Okay? Why should I go?"

"Just trust me on this one! You'll want to be at this party! You can even bring Matthew." she suggested and I started to fall into her persuading.

"Okay, fine." I groaned and she cheered.

"Yay! Maybe I'll find my 'H' tonight!" she laughed and I shook my head. Andi has this thing where she sleeps with guys, goes through the whole alphabet, and is on 'H' at the moment.

"You have serious problems, Ands." I laughed closing my locker.

"I do not!" she defends herself.

I just laughed and kept walking down the hall.

"You know, if you weren't dating Matthew, Aaron would be all over you." Andi wiggles her eyebrows.

"Likely story. He has Bex." I shrugged. "and I love Matthew."

"Right, right. Okay." she laughed.

We continue walking but stopped when I swang my arm into Andi's upper torso.

"Ow, Ariel! My boobs!"

"Sorry! Come on!" I yanked her to the side hallway.

"It's okay, Mary Kate and Ashley. She didn't mean to." she said looking at her chest.

I gave her a look and she said, "what?"

I shook my head and looked out from the corner.

Down the hall was Cameron and Aaron.

We were just close enough to hear them talking.

"So I'm having a party tonight- wanna come?" Aaron asked Cameron.

"Is Ariel going to be there?" I heard Cameron ask.

"I don't know, man. I told that hot chick, Andi, to bring her along." Aaron shrugged. "Who cares, dude?"

"Right, yeah. I'll be there." Cameron told him, shaking his head.

"Cool." he punched Cameron's arm. "See you at eight my man with that smokin' hot chick of a girlfriend of yours."

And with that Aaron walked away, leaving Cameron in the hall by himself.

"Let's pretend we're laughing at something you just said and pretend we didn't just hear them talking, kay?" Andi suggested but before I could tell her an answer she started laughing pulling me into the hall.

I quickly started laughing too.

Cameron quickly dashed to a side hall.

"you're so funny, Ari!" Andi laughed out as we walked past the hall Cameron hid in.

I could hear him breathe out as we walked by and it almost made me laugh.

**
After we left the school, we went straight to Andi's house to get ready for the party.

"The party doesn't start for another 4 hours, Ands." I informed her, sitting on her bed.

"Well, just gives us more time to get ready."

"We need four hours to get ready? I was just going to wear a t-shirt and jeans."

"Oh, sweet Ariel. You aren't wearing that. There's going to be smoking hot boys from SweetBriar there. Maybe you could-"

"I have Matthew."

"Oh right. Sorry, keep forgetting."

"But maybe you still could-"

"ANDI!"

"Sorry." She put her arms up in surrender. "I'm going to get in a shower. Be right back."

I nodded as she walked out of the room.

I hadn't been to Andi's house in a while, but not much has changed.

Still has pictures of boys on her walls, along with band posters.

Still had the same parents. Same annoying older brother.

"Andi, I need to borrow-"

The door swung open and there stood Daniel, her older brother.

"Oh hey Shelly." he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

I hated being called Shelly. He thought of it when he remembered the little mermaid had the same name.

and he knew it annoyed me.

"Hi, Danny Boy."

And I knew he hated people calling him that.

"Still annoying from the day I met you." Daniel rolled his eyes, picking up what he came in here for.

"Wished it never happened." I smiled sweetly at him and he shook his head.

"Bye, Shelly." he winked and I cringed.

"Bye, white vans."

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." he shut the door behind him.

I lightly laughed from bringing up the 'damn daniel' vine.

"Okay, your turn."

"Wow, that was a very short shower."

"Yeah, I have the world record for the shortest shower time." Andi said matter-a-factly.

"Really?"

"No, now go get the shower."

I laughed and walked to the bathroom.

*skip shower*

I got out and wrapped a towel around my body.