TWENTY

Charlotte's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night that night. I looked over and saw Damon sleeping with one arm behind his head. I sighed conflicted as I remembered what Zoe and I talked about today.

Flashback

"So, seriously, what's the deal with you and Damon?" Zoe asked as we sat in the park with iced coffee and coffee cake.

"Seriously?" I asked her. She nodded. "I don't know. We hated each other when I came back to Mystic Falls. We argued constantly, but not like mean arguing. More like taunting." I told her truthfully.

"How do you feel about him?" she asked.

"I fell in love with him about a month or so ago." I told her with a sad look on my face. She looked at me confused.

"Why are you sad about it?" she asked confused.

"Because he fell in love with my best friends twin sister, Katherine, when he was like 16. In the end, Katherine chose his brother, Stefan, over Damon. And then Damon fell in love with my best friend, Elena. And Elena chose Stefan over Damon. And I think that he is still in love with Elena. And if he is, then I stand no chance whatsoever." I explained (lying a bit) to her nearly bursting into tears.

"Wow. So, he's had his heart broken twice." Zoe said sadly.

"Yeah. I don't have a chance, so I am keeping my feelings inside forever." I told her with a humorless laugh.

"Why don't you just tell him? What if he isn't in love with Elena?" Zoe questioned me.

"That's a big what if. I don't know if I can take that risk." I answered truthfully.

"I know what you mean." She said and took a sip of her iced coffee.

"So, seriously, what's the deal with you and Wade?" I asked her using what she did to me.

"I don't know. I fell for the town lawyer, George Tucker, but he was engaged to Lemon Breeland. Lemon had an affair with the town mayor, while she and George were on a break. Then George found out and broke the engagement. Then he got back together with Lemon and was about to marry her, but he didn't. He then came to my house and confessed his love for me after I had just slept with Wade." She explained.

"You win." I mumbled. She laughed and shook her head.

"It's not over yet." She said to me. My eyes widened and I gestured for her to continue.

"After George confessed his love for me I went back inside, where Wade was waiting for me naked, and I got so confused. The next day I told George that I didn't know what I felt for him anymore. I was conflicted. I didn't know who to choose." She explained further.

"Where is George now?" I asked her.

"In New York. I told him that I didn't love him anymore and he left." She told me.

"How do you feel about Wade?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Most of me really, really likes him and wants to have a stable relationship with him, but there's a small part of me that is holding back because Wade is a notorious player and keeps pushing me away." She explained sadly.

"What a pair we make." I said with a sigh.

"I know." She said with a sigh. "I'll make you a deal." She said suddenly.

"What?" I asked cautiously.

"You tell Damon that you love him and I'll tell Wade that I want to have stable relationship with him." She said and stuck her hand out for me to shake.