Knock it Down

"Hurgggh," Articulus wheezed as he stared up at his destination. His gigantic army of Dark Soldiers, Dark Dragons and other Articulized beings stretched further than the eye could see- but there was nothing really to cover, for they were at the most desolate reach of the Deadlands, the furthest section of the Outlands. And they were also at the edge of every realm- the gateway to the Dark Lord's evil dreams. The Fourth Wall.

For the past months, Articulus and his primary army had trekked across the western landscape, through Rogodon and past the Inner Outlands, demolishing anything that came in their way; never stopping for any purpose.

And now, they were here. Sure, Shadow Hand and all of his servants were dead, but Articulus didn't care anyway. He never really liked that glove, and even so, without him his army had traveled faster than they ever had.

The Wall loomed over them, lengthening almost infinitely into the sky, impossibly tall. It was made of an unbreakable black rock, and to add to that, its top was covered in huge spikes spanning miles long. Only the Millennium Hammer could break even one of the walls down. But it had broken years before, when Kiwi and company used it to travel to the Character Afterlife. This didn't stop Articulus from carrying out his plan to destroy it, just as he had succeeded in before. He knew that when he broke it, he would hit it hard. The whole thing, all four sides, would come crashing down into whatever was beyond. Then, Articulus would ooze into the sky, become a growing cloud, and rain down apocalyptic destruction upon ever nook and cranny of the land. Of course, he would have to defend his now exposed Nucleus from the ever-so-persistent Un-Character. Boy, how Articulus hated that Samuel Lawrence. To be cheated by a boy of twelve was unacceptable to such a vile worm.

And he wouldn't let what had happened before happen again. After he had launched a costly attack on Lubreigha in the first Great War, Moth and the entire Lubreighan population followed him to the Fourth Wall through the Passage of Desolation. There, Articulus was nearly defeated- but Moth was severely injured, his army fought poorly, and the Dark Lord advanced to destroy the Fourth Wall. The beast could not fathom the Un-Character's stupidity. He was just another flea to squish on his path to the Creators and eternal power in the Genesis Stories.

"Hm-hm-hmm," Articulus smiled a giant grin on his gloppy ovoid head. "Bring the Cartwheels! Stack the ladders and crack the substance!"

Articulus had not come here unprepared. Five inconceivably enormous wheels rolled across the landscape. Each carried large squadrons of Dark Soldiers on each area of what appeared to be a mobile Ferris wheel. As they rolled towards the wall, the wheels crashed in- but this was all but expected. The wheel broke apart into sections, carrying the Dark Soldier squadrons from earlier. Each stick supported itself on the others, leaning towards the Wall.

Now, unbeknowest to the kiwi race, Articulus's Dark Soldiers had a small, physically penetrative pupil in their eyes. When millions of Dark Soldiers synchronized their glare against the Fourth Wall, its framework would shatter, thus collapsing the Wall.

Once all ladders had been doing this for long enough, a miraculous stroke of luck came for Articulus and his army.

The earth shook terribly, but no one here was affected. Articulus watched as the Fourth Wall, his target, slowly leaned backward, until it fell downwards into an endless purple ocean swimming with magic fluids. The loudest sound ever heard in the Sketch World came from the crash, approximately fifty times the impact of Scright Glacier's. This caused an even more severe earthquake, going all the way to the innermost reaches of the Kiwi realm.

"Heh heh, creators," Articulus grinned as his dripping black substance oozed into the air, deteriorating his shape. "Ready or not, here I come." Before long, the Dark Lord had become a whiff of gloppy cloud drifting in the sky. The red-eyed, green jaws half-connected face of Articulus appeared on that cloud, and it began to grow... and grow... and grow. Gradually, day by day, his dreams would be accomplished. Now all he needed to do was kill that pestering Un-Character, and his dire plot would be complete.