Chapter 30: Goodbye

Chapter 30: Goodbye

I opened my eyes and looked over at Adam. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. I smiled and got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I stepped into the shower and took a quick shower. I shampooed my hair and washed my body. I rinsed my hair and body and stepped out of the shower. I turned of the water and dried my body. I wrapped the towel around my body and brushed my teeth. I rinsed my mouth and went back into our room.

"Jenni? Jenni!" I heard Adam say and I ran into the room. I sat on the bed and hugged him. He held me tight as if his life depended on it. "It's ok Adam. I'm right here," I said as I ran my fingers through his hair. He looked up at me. "I'm going to have to get used to waking up by myself. Now that I won't have you with me," he said with sadness in his voice. I nodded and got up from the bed and walked over to my dresser. I put on a black bra and black underwear.

I heard Adam groan and I just smiled and walked into my closet. I took out a pair of neon blue maternity skinny jeans and put them on. I looked through all my shirts. "Adam!" I yelled. "What?" he asked as he walked into the closet with a towel wrapped around his waist. "You already took a shower?" I asked. He nodded. "Ok, um I don't know what shirt to wear," I said as I kept looking through my shirts. "You don't need a shirt. You're perfectly fine like that," he said pointing to my bra. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm not going out in public like this," I said and ran my fingers through his damp hair. He gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Then wear this one," he said handing me a black v-neck shirt. I rolled my eyes playfully and took the shirt from him and put it on. I walked out of the closet and walked towards my dresser. I brushed my hair and put a blue bow in it. I put on my black converse.

Adam then walked out of the closet dressed in black jeans, a white v-neck shirt, his black converse. I walked out of our bedroom and went into Matthew's room. He was already awake and dressed. "Hi mommy," he said as he ran up to me and hugged me. "Hey sweetie. How come you're all dressed up already?" He looked up at me and said, "Uncle Sam dressed me." "Oh, well let's go eat breakfast," I said as I grabbed his hand and took him downstairs. We walked into the kitchen and he sat in a chair. I made him and myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I placed his plate in front of him and gave him his cup of milk. I sat down and ate my sandwich.

I finished my sandwich and picked up my plate and put in the sink. "I'm done mommy," Matthew said as he handed me his cup and plate. I grabbed his cup and plate and placed it in the sink.

I went upstairs into Matthew's room an started to pack his clothes and toys that he may need. I felt tears fill my eyes. I don't think I'll be able to leave Adam. What if I go into labor while he's here fighting a whole bunch of werewolves!

I put a hand over my belly and rubbed it soothingly. "It's going to be alright," I told myself. I finished packing Matthew's things and went into my bedroom. I packed my clothes and a picture frame that had a picture of Adam and me. I closed my suitcase and Adam walked in.

"I know it's not easy to leave, love. But, it's the only way I could know that you're safe. Please understand," he said as he walked up to me an hugged me. "I understand Adam. I'm just sad you're not coming." "You know exactly why I can't go. I need to solve my problems with them. And besides Sam will be there with you to take care of you and Matthew." I nodded and kissed his cheek. "Mommy, uncle Sam is here," I heard Matthew say. I nodded and pulled away from Adam. I grabbed my suitcase but, Adam took it from me. "I'll take it," he said. "Ok, thanks." I walked out of our bedroom and went downstairs with Matthew.

I grabbed his sweater from the hook and put it on him. I grabbed my sweater and put it on. "Mommy, are we going on vacation?" Matthew asked me looking at our suitcases. "Something like that." "Is daddy coming too?" he asked me. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "I'm not going Matthew. I have to stay here," I heard Adam say. "Ok, daddy. Don't worry. I'll take care of mommy," Matthew said as I let him go. We walked towards the car as Sam put our suitcases in the trunk. I opened the back seat door and put Matthew in his car seat. I buckled him in and closed the door.

Adam walked up to me and pressed me against the side of the car. He kissed me passionately. This may be the last kiss Adam is going to give me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He pulled away from the kiss and rested his forehead against mine and looked into my eyes. "I promise I'll go to wherever you are and get you back As soon As this is over. I promise you. You, Matthew and our baby girl on the way are my life now. You three are all that matter to me," he said with sadness in his voice. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I kissed him and pulled away. "You better. I'll be waiting for you by the door," I said and pulled him closer to me. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he smiled. "I promise love," he said and pulled away from me.

He opened the passenger door for me and helped me in. He closed the door and kissed me through the window. He pulled away an said, "Take care of them Sam. Please." "I will Adam. I promise." "I love you Jenni. Don't you ever forget that." "I love you too Adam," I said and he pulled back.

He waved goodbye and Sam drove away. The hardest thing I had to do was say bye to the one I loved.

* * *

I had fallen asleep for a couple of minutes. I quickly opened my eyes and looked out the window. We were passing by the woods. I looked into the woods an saw a wolf running. I got a serious feeling of dejavu. I looked out the window a little longer.

Thats when I noticed that this forest was the one from my dream. Oh my god. That meant. "Sam stop the car!" I yelled and looked at Sam. He immediately stopped the car. "What's wrong?" Sam asked me worriedly.

I looked back into the woods. I just hope I'm right.