Chapter 43:Dead

I was still sobbing when Eisuke and the rest of the gang came.

"Carolyn!"Eisuke embraced me,regardless of the rest of the guys that were looking at us."You idiot,watch where you're going next time!"he whispered fiercely into my ear.

"How's Ota?"Baba asked as he looked at the doors of the emergency room.

I shook my head as the tears came out again."Still no news"

"Are you hurt?"Eisuke asked while examining my arms and legs.

"Only a little.O-Ota p-p-pushed me out of the way b-before h-h-h-he....."I choked as I said that and he embraced me.

"Hey,it's not your fault kay?No one predicted that would happen"Eisuke soothed me.

"B-but I wasn't watching where I was walking....i-if I just paid attention...I-I could have prevented this!!!"I cried out loud as Soryu also came to comfort me.

"Calm down Carolyn,we're not sure of Ota's current condition yet,it's not the end"Soryu rubs my back.

~~~10 hours later~~~

The doctor finally came out.We all surrounded him as we bombarded him with questions.

"How is he?!"

"Is he alright?!"

"What's his condition?!"

"When will he wake up?!"

I remained silent as my knuckles turned white from me squeezing on it so tightly.The doctor waited till we calmed down before saying the words in silence.

"We're very sorry but.....Mr.Kisaki is dead"

The words were a blow to my already fragile heart as I stumbled backwards.Baba caught me just before I fell.

"He got hit on his head hard,and his brain is.....dead.We're very sorry....we tried everything we could"

I grabbed onto the doctor's coat.

"N-n-n-n-no...NO!HE'S NOT DEAD!!!YOU'VE GOT TO BRING HIM BACK!!!PLEASE!PLEASE!!!!"I howled as I shook the doctor.

Soryu and Eisuke detached me as I kept on struggling.

"Ota....this is all my fault!!!!!"