Five - The Dream

When Garroth and Vylad met up with Katelyn, Laurance and Travis, neither group was all that surprised at what the other group found. What was surprising, though, was Laurance's suggestion to return to the Phoenix Alliance to keep it from falling apart and get help.. But how could the others know that it wasn't Laurance, but Shadow Laurance?

Stop it.

Stop what?

Stop leading us astray.

Whoever said that?

Nobody said it. It goes without saying. First, you ride down the wrong path, ruining any chance at catching up with Zane. Then you suggest we go home?! Are you trying to get Aphmau killed?!

No.

Then what are you doing?!

Allowing Aphmau's kindness to do it's thing.

WHAT THE NETHER DOES THAT MEAN?!? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET THOSE TWO TOGETHER?!

Aww, id wittle Wauwance worwied that hid feewings fow Affmoo awen't good enough?

I refuse to answer such a ridiculous question.

Id wittle Wauwance kwanky? Dud wittle Wauwance need to wet big, stwong Shadow Wauwance take over?

I think "Wittle Wauwance" is fine running this show on his own thank you.

Either way, the group agreed by majority vote that it would be best if they went back to the Phoenix Alliance to seek help.

"When I see Zane, I'm going to kill him for this." Garroth grumbled as they made their way to Phoenix Drop to access the portal.

+=+=+=+=+

"Zane, are you lost? I feel like we already passed this rock."

"I know exactly where I'm going. We. Are. Fine. We will be fine and dandy as soon as I can figure out WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO READ THIS DARN MAP!!"

"So... we're lost."

"..."

"Hah! We are lost! Your silence says everything!"

"WE ARE NOT LOST! WE ARE FINE! PERFECTLY FINE! I KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING!"

"Okay... I guess I'll let you sort that out. Where are we even going, anyway?" Aphmau asked.

"We're going to Phoenix Drop. You used to be the lord there, so if we want to get your memories back, that's probably the place to start." Zane said, "but it'll most likely be awhile before we get there, unless I CAN FIGURE OUT THIS STUPID MAP!"

Aphmau laughed. Ever since losing her memories, Zane had been there to guide her, like a star in the dark.

He isn't half bad looking either. And that voice of his! It almost reminds me of...

+=+=+=+=+

Suddenly, Aphmau was back on the hill with the giant tree, except this time, it felt almost real. Memories of her guards flooded in, and she suddenly realized who the man in red was...

She was sitting there crying, when she heard a voice behind her. "A... Aphmau? Is that really y-you?" Aphmau turned around to face Garroth, and even more memories flooded in.

"Garroth...? I... I-I think I'm starting to remember... you are Garroth, right? Oh I'm just so confused. Thank Irene Zane found me when he did." Aphmau looked at Garroth's face, which had taken on a very deep look.

"Are you really that happy with Zane? Has my brother been treating you well?" At the mention of the word 'brother', a torrential downpour of memories drenched Aphmau's mind as she recalled the Irene dimension, and Aaron.

"G-Garroth, what happened? Zane has told me a lot already, and he's even taking me to Phoenix Drop to help me remember... he's been like a star in the darkness... Garroth, what is this place? How did I get here?" Suddenly, bells began to toll. "Wh-what's that? Aphmau asked.

"It would seem our time here is up." Garroth replied, just as everything was clouded in white.

+=+=+=+=+

"APHMAU!"

"Zane!" Aphmau looked around to find that once again she was in a tent facing Zane. "What happened?"

"You fell asleep on your horse, so I set up camp. After I got the fire started, I came in the tent to check on you, but when I looked inside, you were gone! Care to explain your absence?"

"I don't know what you mean." Aphmau said with such a voice that Zane knew there would be no arguing whatsoever.

"Are you absolutely sure you're fine?" Zane asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Well, then we better get moving. We've only got about two hours before the sun starts to set." As Zane was exiting the tent, however, Aphmau heard footsteps. But before she could warn Zane, he gave off a cry of alarm that was cut short.

"Pleasebeunconscious, Pleasebeunconscious, please please pul-leez don't be dead..." Aphmau muttered under her breath as she exited the tent.

The scene outside was horrifying. Zane was lying on the ground, conscious, but not by much. A small dagger was sticking out of his back, and blood was seeping out through his clothes. Aphmau rushed over.

"ZANE!!!" she screamed.

Tears were running down her face as she carefully removed the dagger from Zane. She put her hand over the wound in order to stop the blood, but could tell it was futile.

Suddenly, a bright white light engulfed Aphmau and Zane, and when it disappeared, Zane's breathing was normal. No blood was flowing. Aphmau carefully lifted the back of Zane's armour and hoodie. Her own breathing quickened.

It was completely healed.

There were no scars.

No cuts.

The only blood was the blood that had stained Zane's hoodie.

Aphmau wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't sure what she had just done.

THWONK!!

That was the last sound Aphmau heard before everything went black.
------------------------------------------------------------- Wow, what excitement! I hope you enjoyed, and I'm not sure if I can handle the suspense. Bye for now!