And Boom There He Is

A/N Lucas Gray, child #2, and also Troye Sivan because TROYE SIVAN.

Monday Morning

.   .   .

All I could think about the entire rest of the weekend was Lucas. Gorgeous Lucas with his small smile and pretty eyes and cute freckles and moles. Ugh. I need to stop. You'll probably never see him again anyway. Breathe.

I pulled into my school's parking lot in my '79 baby blue Jeep CJ5. I was running a teensy bit late so I had to get going.

Unfortunately, as I was making my way to 1st period (which was US History), someone was making their way out of the guidance counselor's office. The door opened as I was power-walking by it, and it hit me square in the face, sending me flying onto my ass.

I felt my nose start to drip blood and I silently swore.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry I didn't-" this voice was all to familiar. "Oliver?" Lucas. Shitfuck. Now I was thoroughly embarrassed. Gr8.

"Oh... uhm... hey?" I replied awkwardly. Hey? Hey?? Really Oliver? Could you sound any more stupid?

I let out a soft moan, which Lucas must've mistaken for one of pain. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, here. Let me help you." He reached out and I offered him my free hand, then he pulled me up "We should go to the nurse." He said, face still full of concern. He began walking down a hallway that was definitely not the hallway that the nurse's room was in. I grabbed at the back of his sweatshirt, and pulled him back towards. What was he doing here?

"That's... not the right way. Look, it's fine, I'll just go by myself, honestly, it's not that-" I mutter awkwardly he held his hand up.

"Nonsense. I'm the one who hit you with a door, the least I can do is make sure I didn't break your nose." He said. Ooooo a man who's chivalrous. Yes, please.

"Okay, well she's down this hall." I led the way, with him right beside me. "So... what're you doing here?" I asked.

"I go here now. I just moved here from Michigan." I stopped outside the nurse's door.

What. "So... you're going to my school now?"

He gave me a small smile. "Yeah." He then slid in front of me and opened the door.

Ms. Cooper was at her desk sorting through papers. She looked at the pair of us and smiled kindly. Ms. Cooper and me have always been pretty close. I used to come down to the nurse often, usually for headaches, and we would chat for awhile. "Hey Oliver. What happened to your nose?"

I glanced at Lucas, then walked over to her desk, Lucas trailing behind me. "Well, I got hit in the face with a door."

"And what are you doing here?" She asked, directing the questions to Lucas this time, handing me tissues.

"I'm the one who hit him, and I want to make sure he's okay and I didn't break his nose. I'm new. My name's Lucas."

"Well welcome." She turned back to me, and by now, my nose had stopped bleeding. She began examining it, and after a minute, came to her conclusion. "It's not broken, it might be a little bruised and swollen, but you'll be fine."

"Thanks." I said, gently touching it. It still hurt, but not bad.

"No problem. Now get to first period."

I finished cleaning up my nose area, then Lucas and I left.

"Well, looks like you're off the hook. I'm fine." I say, but I don't want to go our separate ways. "What do you have first?"