Chapter 22

"We never went swimming here, haven't we?" Louise announced as we walked down the corridor.

"I don't believe so," I say as I looked around.

We've been too caught up in taking advantage of this city to even think about swimming. We were either partying, touring the area- or in my situation- giving blow jobs to one of my worst enemies. Fuck, let's not think about that. I'm still sensitive thinking about that scenario.

To be honest, I still believe there is something that he's hiding from me. He can't just do that and not have feelings for me. I may sound like this crazy, obsessed ex girlfriend, but for fuck's sake, you just don't kiss someone like that and say it was all a mistake.

"Then let's get dressed for the occasion," Peej says, grabbing Chris' arm and running towards the elevator.

"Peej- ow, stop gripping onto my arm like that," Chris says, rubbing the now red skin.

Louise chuckled and looked at me,"You heard them. Let's get dressed."

I rolled my eyes and took the stairs to kill some time because right now I didn't feel like showing off my flabby body.

*****

I pulled a shirt over my head and grabbed my bag. I was wearing my swimming trousers, sandals, and a plain white t-shirt I found buried within the depths of my clothes. I'll tidy it up before I leave.

Grabbing my key card, I headed out of my room and into the hallways of the hotel. It was dead silent and nobody was around walking. It was just me, walking through the halls looking like I'm headed to a beach when there was thick blankets of snow outside. I mean, at least it's indoors.

When I got to the area, I slid my key card next to the black box before it shined green and beeped, signaling it was open. Peej was in the pool, splashing Chris as he sunk to the bottom of the pool before rising back up and shaking his head to the side to sweep the wet hair from his eyes.

Louise was in the back giggling and when she saw me she motioned for me to hurry up. "Took you long enough."

Not that many people were in the pool area. A family with two children- a boy and a girl- were off in another end, bouncing a red, blue, and yellow ball among each other. The other end held my friends wading around and talking.

When I pulled my shirt off, Chris whistled,"Damn, Daniel. You've got abs now?"

I scoffed,"No, but I have dreams."

I jumped in without warming up to the temperature and shivered when I reached the top. "Holy shit," I say, teeth chattering and rubbing my wet arms up and down. "Is this something I'll get used to, or am I going to get hypothermia?"

"Eventually," Chris answers, arms slowly slicing the clear, chlorine-filled waters.

"It wont be that bad, Dan, just think of warm, sex-filled sexy times thoughts with your mate," Peej advised with a wink.

I felt the blood rush to my face, and my body felt like it was warming up from the frigid water.

He noticed my crimson face and chuckled,"That'a boy." He nudged me on the shoulder.

I splashed water in his face which he dodged, water splattering on his neck. "Fuck off."

"It worked, hadn't it? Or are you still cold from this because I can keep-"

I waved him off,"I-I'm fine. Don't worry about it," I winced,"And please never say sexy times ever again. For your sake and mine."

Everyone laughed at our ridiculous behavior and Louise said,"You really like him; don't you, Dan?" Her facial features looked at me in pure sweetness and affection. What is it with me an Phil that everyone has these fucking smiles about?