Seven

I laid Naruto down onto my bed and removed his jacket followed by his shirt. I took a cloth and wet it with a healing ointment that he had given me long ago before firmly placing it on the wound and cleaning it. I was a bit rougher than necessary as I wanted to cause him some mild pain which worked as his face scrunched up in pain. I picked him up and laid him back against the wall at the foot of my bed and placed a black collar around his neck. I cut my finger with my kunai and smeared a small line across the color followed by handsigns. The blood glew a bright green as my chakra was infused within it making so only I could remove the collar around his throat. I kissed the top of his head before sitting at the head of my bed as his eyes fluttered open and looked over at me with concern.

Naruto opened his mouth to speak but closed it again as he seemingly decided it wouldn't be wise to speak. I chuckled under my breath and crawled over to him slowly; making him back into the wall further. Naruto tried to make hand signs for shadow clones but it fizzled out as the collar burned his neck.

"Ah! Matsuko it hurts!" He screamed in pain as he gripped at the collar.

"I know. You see around your neck I've placed this special collar that not only can't be removed by anyone but me it also blocks your chakra. Anytime you attempt to use said chakra it will burn your neck and continue to burn for up to five minutes." Naruto looked down as he held onto the collar and tears slowly dripped from his eyes. I felt a twinge of guilt but promptly ignored it as a knock came from my door and Itachi walked in.

He looked at Naruto before looking back at me, "Pein wants to let you know that you'll be leaving on a mission soon. Naruto will be going with you." I nodded as he exited my room.

I stood up from my bed and sighed as I removed my shirt. I heard Naruto gasp as he looked at the healing gashes across the line of my spine. I glanced over my shoulder at them then shrugged as I slipped into my black mesh t-shirt before sliding my cloak back on. Naruto rose from my bed and walked over to me. I watched him from the corner of my eyes as he pulled off my cloak and touched the wounds on my back. I hissed in pain.

"Th-these are from Kurama. Was...was that you in my last battle...?" I shrugged his hands off me and pulled my cloak back up before grabbing him by the throat. He winced but didn't fight me as I held him off the ground and looked up at him. I dropped him before I did anything and turned away from him.

"Yes. They're from Kurama." I motioned for him to follow as I left my room to meet up with Itachi and Kisame. I kept my hand on his arm as Itachi briefed me on the mission which was to observe the new Otogakure and find out Orochimaru's plans for the newly upcoming war. I felt torn about seeing Orochimaru once more after what I had went through from him. Naruto could see the apprehension in my face as the others conversed about the mission and how we would go about completing it. Naruto reached a shaky hand out and touched my back to reassure me about my mission. I wanted to lash out at him for touching me but I felt loved as I looked over at him. I shrugged his hand off as I caught myself leaning into his hand, I didn't want to feel love anymore. I didn't want to be loved anymore.

Kisame looked over at me with a concerned expression as he witnessed the encounter between us. I ignored the look he gave me and focused solely on Itachi as he spoke about our mission. From my understanding, I would be going in as bait since Orochimaru would put all his focus on me. Itachi and Kisame would then enter the mansion and get the information we needed then create a second diversion allowing me to escape seamlessly. This plan was quick and simple so long as nothing went wrong while we were carrying it out. I cleared my throat and nodded towards Naruto as if asking what we would be doing with him.

"Naruto will be waiting from afar. Assuming he doesn't go in looking for you and getting us killed we should be safe to take him with us." Naruto looked away. We both knew that was a stab at what he done to me while I was still under the control of Orochimaru. I scoffed as Kisame chuckled at Naruto's emotionless face but inside I felt pained to see him so broken. It was true that he was a selfish boy who unwittingly only thought of himself but he was mine. I loved Naruto and I would give my life to protect him at all costs. This I couldn't escape from.