Chapter 1

*Beep* *Beep *Beep*

My alarm clock went off. I got up from the floor and turned it off. Stupid thing. I don't even need it, I never sleep anymore. I always wake up from a nightmare and cant ever fall back asleep. I find myself on my floor in the corner shaking. This isn't the life I wanted to live. I remember being 10 years old, being woken up by the kisses of my beautiful mom. Feeling like I was home and happy and loved. But here all I feel is hate, hurt and fear. Anyways, I get up and go hop in the shower, I have about 10 minutes before The Boyfriend gets up for work. I hop in and out the shower quickly not to use up all the hot water. I do my daily routine and get dressed. All the nice clothes i own i bought myself, otherwise I'd be wearing the same jeans and nasty old hand me down t-shirt. I sneak out the front door not to wake anyone up. I hop in my car and drove off to Hell, I mean school.

I pull up to the school and park. I sit at the table waiting for my bestfriend to show up. Her name is Monroe but I just call her RoeBaby, I guess her mom was a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe or something. But anyways we have been friends for about 7 years, she's the first person i met here and she's the only person I trust, I can tell her anything.

RoeBaby walked up and wrapped her arms around me. I swear she gives the best hugs ever. The school bell rang and we walk to class. We got to 1st period in Mr. Charleston's Physics Class, man I swear this nigga gets on my last nerve. Since the very first day of school I have always sat in the very last seat in the class, and of course today James, RoeBaby's exboyfriend decides he wants to test my patience and put his ass in my seat. I calmly walk over to him but I already know this isn't going to end well. Ever since I went and picked RoeBaby up from his house after he beat her senseless and took her to the hospital and I told her to break up with him, so everytime he tries to talk to her I'm there to stop it.

KingK: Get out my seat man.

James: I don't see your name on it, so I'm gonna stay here.

RoeBaby: K just leave it forreal come sit by me.

James: Yeah listen to the little bitch and run along.

I walked away because if I fight him and get suspended I'll get beat. I sit next to RoeBaby and she lays her head on my shoulder. I love when she is close to me, it makes me feel complete. I guess you could say I'm in love with her but I just cant tell her. My life is a mess and she will never be attracted to me. I'm too different.

After 1st period I decide I'm going to leave school for a while. I ask RoeBaby if she wants to go, at first she was hesitant but I told her I'd feed her and she agreed. We hopped in my car and went to her favorite place McDonald's. I decided to take her to the park and just lay out and talk. We laid there in silence for a while until she spoke.

RoeBaby: K, I honestly think I have feelings for you. I know we have been friends for a long time but I just can't help but to feel so happy with you. You make me feel so pretty and no matter what you are always there for me. I used to see you like a brother but now I see you as more to me. You are an exceptional guy and I just feel like I need to tell you these things because I just can't keep it from you anymore. I needed to get this off my chest, it was driving me crazy spending all hours of the day with you and you not knowing how I truly feel. If you don't feel the same way I understand but I can't be just your bestfriend anymore, I want to be more with you. I want to help you grow and become successful.

I laid there with nothing to say, she just told me she likes me. How? How could she like a liar like me. She slaps my chest snapping me out of my thoughts.

RoeBaby: I need to get home it's 5:30 we've been out here all day.

We get up and walk to the car. I quickly drive her home without speaking not even saying goodbye. I had a lot of thinking to do, because she deserves to know the truth about me, but how will she take it? Will it change how she feels? This all too much. I plug my aux cord in and blast Quarterback by Young Thug through my speakers and head to the house.

I walk through the door slowly. I begin to walk up the stairs when i receive a blow to the back of my head. I try to run but I'm pulled down by my shirt. Troy, her boyfriend starts kicking and punching me. I curl up in a ball hoping it would end soon. I can feel myself slowly blacking out, the blows don't hurt anymore. Finally he stops. I slowly crawl up the stairs in pain. I grab my phone trying to call RoeBaby but she doesn't answer any of my 10 calls. I sit in the corner crying. My boss calls.

*Phone Call*

Boss: I got an order for you to pick up tomorrow at 8am don't be late

Me: Yes Sir

I then hang up, grab some clothes and hop out the window and head to Roe's house. I pull up to her house and walk to the door, I knocked on the door and shortly Roe opened it with a tank-top and no pants on. She invited me in. She took one good look at my face and already knew what had happened. She grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs. We got to her room and she climbed in bed patting the spot next to her. I climbed in laying my head on her chest cuddling with her. Tears slowly began to pour from my eyes. she just held me, like my mom used to do when I was sad. The soothing sound of her heartbeat calmed me down. I sat up and looked at her. I needed to tell her the truth.

KingK; Roe, I gotta tell you something, but I don't want you to look at me different or anything

RoeBaby: Of Course not

KingK: Okay, My real name is Kaitlyn, I am not a boy shortly after my parents died I began calling myself Kingston, I started dressing like a boy and when girls ask I just said I liked long hair, so my curls didn't give away who I really was. I am not really a boy. but, I do have feelings for you, in fact I think I'm in love with you, but I just couldn't keep this from you. You deserved to know the real me.

RoeBaby: GET OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Roe begins pushing me and hitting me like I stole something from her. I scrambled to my feet, grabbing my stuff and leaving out the door. I have never seen that side of Roe before. It breaks my heart. She is never going to talk to me again. I lost my only friend. I drove out to the beach and sat in the sand. I gotta figure out what I'm going to do. I cant keep living like this. I barely want to live period, it's time to make a change. And it starts tonight.

[A/N]

Hey I hope you guys enjoy my first ever published chapter. I have finally got the confidence to post a story of mine. I hope you enjoy :)