1: Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

Today has to be the best or worse day of my entire live.

I finally did it! I've run away from home, after what seems forever I have finally escaped the ruthless torment of my father and his additive drinking.

but the worst part, I'm homeless and have nowhere to go. It took over twelve hours to get to new Orleans by plane but now I'm stuck, I have spent two nights on the streets sleeping in ally ways and closed down shop doorways with only my cat Salem to keep me company.

But I think I might be losing my mind, sometimes I think he is talking to me, like he will stare at me for a moment and then he will say something, like "hey" or "What you doing" I swear I even heard him say "Asshole" to a guy that walked past me and stepped on my foot when I was sitting down, The thing is the man didn't even flinch or turn around he never said sorry, he just kept walking.

I'm either really tried or I've been given drugs cause cats don't talk! I least I don't think they do, I don't know anymore my head isn't on right.

But despite all that I think this whole moving thing its working out. New Orleans is beautiful and I think I'm going to thrive here. only time can tell.

-Willow Hilldrew