"Or You'll Miss Something Really Important. . . "

• Dedicated to Feature Films for Families

"R-R-Ri-Rigoletto?" Timmy Nelson sounded out the strange title of the book carefully.

"Rigoletto," his older sister, Bonnie, confirmed, eager to start reading. "Now hush, and pay attention or you'll miss something really important. . .  'Once upon a time, in a land far away, so far away you'd never know it existed, there lived an Elven prince. To his people, he was called 'Rigoletto.' He was a master of song, and he used the art of music to heal his people. They lived in peace and prosperity, unknown to the race of men. On these distant shores, lived the princess, Gorfindal. She was lovely to behold, and her voice was cherished by all who heard her sing. She loved Rigoletto, and he her, but cold winds blew them ill will. Mortal men came to destroy the Elven kingdom, on the night before Rigoletto and Gorfindal were to be wed in eternal bliss.'"

"Yuuuck," Timmy protested from the sofa and scrunched up his nose.

Bonnie stopped reading to look over her shoulder from her place on the hearth. She fixed her brother with her intense, brown eyes. "What do you mean 'yuck'?" she asked with a slight change of tone and scrunch of her eyebrows.

"Go ahead, Bonnie," said Mrs. Nelson, stopping her knitting to put an arm around Timmy. She pulled him close to keep him quiet.

Deciding not to roll her eyes at Timmy, Bonnie gave her mother a grateful smile before reading on: "'Rigoletto would not yet know happiness, for he was struck in battle with an evil sword, which left his face pale, deathlike, and hideous to behold. In his pride, Rigoletto allowed the ugliness of his face to poison his heart, making it ugly as well, and none could heal him. So, Rigoletto left his kingdom and went into the world of man, accompanied only by his betrothed and by his faithful servant, never to return until he found one from the world of men: a pure heart, whose love would break the evil spell."'