Chapter 1 - Our trip to Pakistan

Chapter 1;

"Sarah! Jaldi ao yaar!" I hear Ayeza api's voice from downstairs.

"Ji api! I'm coming! Bari jaldi hai aap ko!" I shout back to her.

I finish my makeup by putting on a nude lipstick. I throw the lipstick in my bag, and run downstairs with my bag in my hand.

"Sarah! We are getting late! And if we miss the flight.. I will kill you!" Api says and drags me out of the door.

''Aap ki shadi ho jaye ghi, don't worry.'' I say and she rolls her eyes.

We are traveling to Pakistan with Shehry bhai's family for their engagement. We are staying there for 1 year, since everyone are done with their studies and mum wanted to live with our grandmother for a while.

~...~

On the airport:

Bilal, my brother takes our luggage from the car and the rest of us walk in to the airport together. I walk beside api as mama and papa are walking in front of us. I'm just replying to a message on my phone when I hear a voice.

''Sarah api!'' Maha runs to me and hugs me as I hug her back.

Maha then walks over to Ayeza api and hugs her. ''How are you Maha?'' she asks her and then they start talking.

Shehry bhai and Hussain are standing together, while their parents are standing beside the coffee shop with our parents.

We walk over to Shehry bhai and Hussain and greet them first.

"I think you forgot us.." Shehry bhai said.

"Bhaaai.. Aisa bhi ho sakta hai ke Ayeza api aap ko bhool jaeen?" I tell him and laughs.

Shehry bhai looks at api and she looks down smiling.. She is blushing the whole time while I'm just laughing at them.. Suddenly I see Hussain looking at me.

"Kya hua hai tumhe?" I asked him.

No respond.
"Oh hello!" I say once again.

He immediately looks away and I start laughing again.

Their parents and our parents comes towards us and I take a step forward to greet them.

Our families have known each other for a really long time, since all of us were children. Asif uncle's family moved to New York, and he started working with my dad, and since then we're all like a family. Aunty have always wanted Ayeza api for her elder son Shehryaar, and she might have mentioned multiple times that she would like for me and Hussain to get married too, but that always ends with a laughter from us both. 

Me and Hussain have been friends since childhood, and none of us has ever thought of each other in another way.

"Assalamualaikum" I say to uncle and aunty.
"Walaikumasalam, beta." They both say at the same time. I hug aunty and then uncle pats my head.

Ayeza api comes to us and greets them both.
"Jeethi raho, beta." Aunty says and hugs her.

They just stand there hugging for what seems like forever.

''Aunty, yeh aap ki hi bahu banane wali hai, phir aap pure din is ko milti rehna.'' I tell aunty and she laughs.

Mum slaps my head. ''You don't talk like that to elders.''

''No, there's nothing wrong in that. Sarah hum sab ki ronak hai.'' Aunty says and I smile at her and hug her from the side.