Chapter 19 - ''I promise''

Hussain stops the car and as I'm about to open the door, he puts his hand over mine and I turn around and look at him. He removes his hand and gets out of the car and I frown. He opens my door and I smile as I get out.

''My gentleman.'' I say and he bows.

I get out of the car and he closes the door after me.

Both of us start walking towards the water and I widen my eyes at the sight in front of me.

I've always dreamed of watching the sunset at the beach with my husband beside me.

Husband nahi tou fiance se hi kaam chala leen ghe.

Hussain looks at me with a smile.

''Kaisa laga?'' He asks me and I felt a glimmer of happiness.

''It's amazing, Hussain!'' I say with excitement in my voice.

I sit down on the sand and he sits down beside me.

''Acha, so I just wanted to talk to you for a little while.. We barely get time in person, and it is hard on the phone.'' Hussain says and I nod while looking at the view in front of me.

''Imran ne phir se kuch kaha tou nahi?'' He asks me, and I turn to look at him.

He's already looking at me.

I recall the day of our engagement when Imran talked to me. Should I tell Hussain?

''No, I haven't talked to him in a while.'' I tell him and look away instantly.

I can't tell him the truth. Hussain will start asking about what he said, and if i tell him about that, he'll get angry. Which will create bigger issues between them both.

''But if he does, you need to tell me, okay?'' He says, and I nod.

I immediately feel bad for lying to him, but I can't tell him the truth either..

''Hussain?'' I say and he hums.

''I never thought about us getting married.'' I laugh. ''For me, we were just friends, who always did crazy stuff together.'' I continue and he laughs.

''And look at us now, we're engaged.'' I tell him with a smile, and turn around to watch the waves.

"Dekho, time ke saath kitna kuch badal jaata hai." He says and I just nod.
"It's crazy, right?

''So much has happened this year.. Ayeza api and Shehry bhai got married, we got engaged, we're even sitting in Pakistan right now.'' I stop and continue.

''Even my best friend, my cousin, my brother, Imran.. He just betrayed me like that.'' I say and Hussain stays quiet.

''You know what hurts me the most?'' I say.

''Hmm?'' Hussain mumbles while looking at me.

''That I never thought that someone like Imran would humiliate me like this in front of everyone. Not once, but multiple times. In front of you guys, the whole family and even my dad.''

''I can't even imagine what everyone was thinking of me. You don't know mami, choti si baat ko itni badi bana deti hain.''

"What mami thinks shouldn't matter to you. What matters is what you think of yourself.'' He tells me.

''Haye! You know what? You're right. Right now, I have more than what I ever asked for, and Alhamdulillah for that. Why should I care about what Imran and mami thinks of me?'' I say and look at Hussain.

He nods his head at me. ''That's like a good girl.''

I laugh at him.

''It feels so good to see you smile. Always stay like this. Regardless of me being there with you or not.'' He continues.