Chapter One

"Oh hey Mark, what's up?"
"Well, I'm headed to America with my buddy Jackson. We need a place to crash, would it be alright if we stayed with you?"
"Of course, anything for my big brother!"
"Alright see you then, love you sis!"
"Love you too Markster"

   Four hours until my best friend would be arriving at LAX. Smiling at the though, I ran to the kitchen, grabbing my not; I pulled the funfetti cake out of the hot oven. Mark and I under to eat this all the time when we were little, and whenever we see each other, one of us makes a cake. Setting the loaf on the counter, I took it out of the old pan, setting it on a cake plate. 'Now let it cool for two hours.' Read the instructions, two hours to clean. Sounds good.
   Trotting to the living room, I fixed all the pillows, fluffing and straightening them. Picking up the whole living room. The stone fireplace, sat in the corner holding a 72' TV on top, a couple of vintage pictures sitting on the mantle. The cream slouchy couch, a couple of warm colors sitting on the soft cushions. An old lamp was set on top of a dark stained side table matching the dark wooden coffee table. A fuzzy rug sat under neither were Andy, my blue pit bull laid. Smiling, I set a vase of pink roses on the top of the table.
   Turning backward, I grabbed a damp towel, wiping the dark wood table down, then dusting off the simple matching chairs, I sat a table topper on top. Smiling at my work, I dusted off the beautiful chandelier. Looking out at my view of downtown LA, being the head designer at Forever21, it had its perks. The two spare rooms were made all ready for the boys, Mark hasn't seen my new place since he left for Korea. I hope he enjoys his stay. Smiling, I sat in on of the chairs, looking out at my beautiful view.

'Beep Beep'

   Waking me from my daydream, I got up. Strutting over to the now cooled cake, o grabbed the icing I left out besides it, dunking a bunch on, I smeared it over the top. Turning the cake white. I made sure it was smooth. Adding some flowers in the corners, my mother owns a bakery and I used to ice the cakes. Smiling at my work, I wrote 'Welcome home Markson.' Moving it to the cake holder, I placed it in my stainless steel fridge. Cleaning up the mess I made, I washed off the dishes and set them in the washer and threw the empty bags and carton away.
   A knock came from the front door, squealing at my knowledge of who it was I ran over to it. Swinging it open, I saw Mark and Is other best friend Brandon and his girlfriend Jennie. Giving them a hug, I let them in.
   "So I need to go get them right now, please put the balloons out, and the food?" I asked, grabbing my white slip on Vans and my black leather jacket.
   "Sure, we'll get it all done!" Jennie exclaimed, walking over to the kitchen.
   "Thanks you guys are saving my butt right now!" I laughed, walking out of the apartment, shutting the door.
   Putting the keys in my Ford Explorer, I turned it on. Moving the AC towards me, I checked my surroundings. Backing up slowly, I left the parking garage. Driving, towards the LAX there was so much traffic. 'Ugh!' Sighing, I heard my phone buzz in my back pocket, taking it out I saw Marks name.

'We're waiting by the Asiana airline'

   Smiling, I waiting for the stupid cars to move, slowly I stalked my way up to the pickup. Seeing my best friend I squealed, speeding up to him. I stopped, getting out and running over to him, embracing him in a warm hug.
   "Hey Lana! I missed you so much!" He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and picking me up slightly.
   Being 5'2 was kind of sucky when it came to hugging Mark. "I miss you too Markster." Giggling, I got off of him, turning my attention to his friend. "You must be Jackson, it's nice to meet you." I smiled, giving him a hug as well. "We're huggers here." I chuckled.
   "Well it's good to meet you too!" He laughed, holding me with one arm and his bag in the other.
   "Well let's get going!" I shouted quietly, opening the trunk from the front.
They placed their three bags in the back, then slammed the trunk down. Getting into the car.
   "Damn LanaLee, when did you get this nice ride?" Mark asked, petting the seats and looking at all the gadgets.
   "About two months ago, I've been doing pretty well. I'm now the head designer for F21, I have a pent house apartment, new car.." It's been going pretty well, I thought to myself.
   "That's amazing! I'm so proud of you Lana." He smiled patting my back, laughing I drove off.
   "How have you been?" I questioned, turning onto the highway.
   "Well, we just released our new album. Jackson here did a really good rap solo in it." Laughing, he winked at his friend.
   "Mark did terrible." He joked, messing with his friends hair.
   Chuckling I continued to drive, the ride wasn't quiet at all. Jackson kept joking around with Mark. Being loud and crazy, I felt like I had two kids in my car. Finally, I pulled up to the parking garage, going to my usual spot, I turned the car off and opened the trunk.
   "Okay boys, ready to see the best apartment ever?" I asked, running over to the elevator, laughing the squealed a yes in their best 'Malibu preppy voice'.
   As the elevator opened, I stepped in, pressing the fourteenth floor, waiting patiently. Tapping my foot, I watched as the numbers climber getting closer to fourteen. The doors opened, my front door being the only door available.
   "Damn Lana, where di-." cutting him off I opened the door.

'Surprise!'

   All of our friends yelled, Mark and Jacksons face grew wide. Grinning, they came into my house. Mark went to Jennie and Brandon, embracing them in a hug. While a couple of marks friends gave Jackson the "bro" hug. Smiling at knowing my best friend was back in town, I walked to the fridge, grabbing the cake. I walked to the table, placing it down.
   "Markson!" I yelled.
   "Yes mom!" I heard Jackson yell as he ran over.
   "Shut up Jackson, oh yay I've been waiting for this cake." Mark spoke softly, standing by the cake.  
   "Well I want to just say that I'm so glad my best friend is back, I can't wait to have an amazing two weeks with you guys. Jackson I just met you and I hope that we can get to know each other while you are here!" I smiled, turning to Brandon.
   "Uh well Jennie and I are so excited to have you back bro, it's been quiet without you. And nice to meet you Jackson, I hope you enjoy your stay with Lana." And which that I sliced the cake into twenty pieces.
   "Thank you." They said in unison.
   "Your friend is really cute." I heard Jackson whisper in Korean.
   "I can hear you!" I spoke back in Korean, turning around he blushed and walked away.