Caught!

Asheley Grace's P.O.V.
I stood on a ladder fiddling with the security system. I'd told Niall I wanted to lay down for a while and rest, but in reality I needed the time alone to set up my own surveillance system. I was currently in the huge living room twenty feet in the air, hacking the security cameras. Once I finished, they would only report to my laptop and give fake footage to the securtity men's screens so they wouldn't be suspicious. I had already bugged the boy's rooms.
"There!" I looked at my finished work with satisfaction. I love technology. While Heather was better at the cheesy action-spy stuff, I had always placed really high on tests. Ever since I was 8, when I accidentally hacked into the UN, I knew this was what I wanted to do. I was good at this.
Stand Up by One Direction started playing loudly, interrupting my thoughts and almost making me fall off the ladder.
"Shit!" I really needed to change that ringtone. I scrambled down and ran up the stairs into my room. I shut the door and pulled my iphone out of my pocket. Heather. I answered it.
"Hi!"
"Hey sis, I missed ya!" Heather's cheerful voice yelled in my ear. I flinched and smiled.
"I missed you to. I especially missed you yelling in my ear!"
"Sorry. You know I can't help it."
It was true. I hadn't realized how much I missed my best friend's cheerful voice and bubbly personality until now. I might be surrounded by five boys, but that didn't change the fact that I was lonely. Especially for a familiar face.
"How's it been at home?" I asked.
"Boooriiing." Asheley drawled. "The teachers keep giving us SO MUCH HOMEWORK. And the social life sucks without you."
"Like I was ever the life of the party," I laughed.
"True." Heather admitted. I may be one of the best teenage spies at the KGB, but I wasn't Miss Popular. You may not geuss it to look at me, but I like to blend in. I'm a quiet person and I have my couple of good friends, but that's pretty much it. Of course, on missions I had a different personality, or cover.
"So how is it living with the the five most famous, not to mention hottest, boys in the world?" Heather asked.
I laughed. "Don't forget dangerous." Then I got serious. "Actually, not bad. They actually seem pretty nice. But I think Zayn is onto me."
"How did that happen?" Heather exclaimed.
"Um, well it kinda started with me almost shooting Louis."
Heather snickered. "I don't even want to know." Then she got serious. "Be careful Ash. I don't want you to get in any trouble. I don't want to lose my sister."
"I know, I know." I reassured her.
"So how is it with Niall?" Heather teased, changing the subject.
My stomach fluttered at the mention of his name. Oh shit. What was wrong with me!
"Um.. I think he's falling for me. I'm playing the damsel in distress card and I think he's buying it. The thing is, I..I think I like him to. Like I,  like like him. He's really sweet and doesn't act like a secret agent at all. Neither do the other boys. They're all so nice and kind it's going to be really hard to fulfill this mission." I said all in one breath.
There was a long pause and I started to worry Heather had hung up. Finally she spoke.
"What the heck happened to the Asheley Grace I knew?! No matter how they act, remember these ARE trained spies! Being all nice and stuff is their cover. Just like with us. And remember, love can being down the most seasoned operative, and"
"Is the biggest weakness of an enemy." I finished the familiar saying. "I know, Heather."
"Sorry," Heather sighed. "It's just that you know I'm the second choice if you fail a mission, and I don't want to have to do anything I'll regret for the rest of my life."
I moaned and flopped on my bed. "You're right. I need to stop thinking about it."
"Asheley Grace!" Louis yelled. "Where are you?"
"Shit, the boys are here. They must have come home when I was talking to you. I have to go."
"Bye Ash. You better text me, or I will personally hunt you down!"
I giggled. "K. Bye Heather." I hung up and ran downstairs.
******************************
Zayn's P.O.V.
The house was silent as I opened the door. Well, was silent. Louis and Niall immediately got rid of that problem. They headed straight for the kitchen, play fighting all the way. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to take a wee. As I passed Asheley's closed door, I thought I heard my name. I stopped and listened.
"Well, it kinda started with me almost shooting Louis." I heard Asheley say. I frowned. Who was she talking to?
There was a long pause, and then Asheley said, "I know, I know."
Another pause. Her next words took me by surprise.
"I think he's falling for me. I've been playing the damsel in distress card and I think he's buying it. The thing is, I think I like him to. Like, I like him like him. He's really sweet and doesn't act like a secret agent at all. Neither do the other boys. They're all so nice and it's going to be really hard to fulfill this mission." Another long pause.
By now I had figured out that Asheley Grace must be on the phone. I could faintly hear the voice on the other end of the line. But who was she talking to? She didn't have any family as far as I knew. And how had she figured out our secret? Before I could think any longer, Asheley spoke again.
"Is the biggest weakness of an enemy. I know, Heather."
Heather. Who was she?
Asheley moaned. "You're right. I need to stop thinking about it."
"Asheley Grace!" Louis yelled. "Where are you?"
I mentally cursed Louis as I ran into my room before Asheley Grace caught me eavesdropping. My mind was full of qeustions. Questions like, what had Asheley meant by a mission? And who was it she was falling for and playing games with? And most importantly, who is Asheley Grace Peterson really?
******************************
A/N: Oooo cliffhanger. What will Zayn do? Let me know what you think! I know it's a short chapter but I will update again soon to make up for it. The drama's just starting, so stick with me guys! Thanks for the votes! Keep it up❤👍 P.S. Check out the video on the side! It's hilarious and goes perfect with this story😹