The Wattpad Cliche's

The Wattpad Clichés

          As we read on Wattpad we notice a lot of the stories have similar elements. I like to call it the clichés of wattpad. This is for those people who want to write an original story that will hopefully be more original than you’d think it would be. Time to show the list now.

1.    The hot, popular male lead: I’ve noticed that almost every male lead role (pardon the theatre lingo I’m an actress before I’m a writer but I’m a designer above all) in a story has the hot rich, popular,guy most times refered to as a greek god. This guy typically is tall, muscular but not to muscular, with great hair usually every color except red, but most of all he is the stereotypical it guy of the school, college, or the party scene, baisically wherever the setting is. One word for this OVERUSED!

2.    The types of female lead personalities: Now there are many different kinds of female leads but on wattpad there are several of them that are overused. For example, the hot badass girl everyone’s afraid of, this role is used for females with bold, outgoing, and mostly rude personalities. We also have the quiet girl, usually played by a tiny cute girl who has one or two friends, family issues for this particular role may vary. Then there’s the new girl who is usually the badass who probably got kicked out of a few of her other schools, on some occasions this role will be played by the quiet girl. less predictable then a male lead this role is still OVERUSED and cliché.

3.    Werewolves: I really like these types of stories personally however they’re overused. It typically goes like this boy meets girl boy is alpha werewolf girl is any species they fall in love something dramatic happens their relationship is questioned they overcome the drama element and shows that love concors all. OVERUSED

4.     The ever famous slut: could you even have a stereotypical story without the slut trying to destroy the leads life? No you couldn’t. this role is usually played by a female and a skanky one. Usually described with bleach blonde hair, orange spray tan, areas that have been tampered with by plastic surgery, the self respect of a prostitute, and a bad attitude. Usually only starring in a romance this character feels challenged by the female lead and antagonizes the female lead with slut like behavior. OVERUSED!!!!!!!!!

5.    The teacher/student romance: not seen as often on the what’s hot page as before the teacher student romance was booming over the past year. The teacher is typically male and generally young (cuz who’d want an old guy in high school) beginning teacher, who like the number one cliché is gorgeous. The student typically female (but you know us wattpadders like to spice it up a little and make it gay/ lesbian/ bisexual story) and feels attracted to the teacher causing a whirl in the story. Not as overused as before but I wouldn’t be shocked if they started coming back with a bang.

6.    The gay/ lesbian romance: I haven’t read one of these stories yet because you know I’m not exactly into that stuff, but they seem to be popping up all over the place lately. Since I have no examples because I haven’t and probably never will read one of these stories all I can say is OVERSEEN!

7.    The accidental marriage ( because who’d get married on purpose anymore, right): we used to see arranged marriage stories but now they’re getting married for any reason besides love. There’s the comedic drunk night in a hotel with your enemy where you wake up married to them. The ones where you marry for money, power, or just to start over, quite cliché. Only thing I can say is OVERUSED.

8.    The betting factor: in these stories the romance all begins with a bet. A bet that is usually I can make you fall in love with me storyline.

9.    Oh, that reminds me of the one where the girls pretending to be the boys girlfriend: this one I’m going to keep short and sweet. Boy pays girl to be his fake girlfriend girl excepts in the end they fall in love. OVERUSED

10.           The prince and the other girl: once again I’m keeping it short. Commoner girl marries prince to whatever country still has princes. OVERUSED

 Well, that’s all the clichés I want to type tonight although there are millions on the site. Now I wasn’t bashing anyone or any country or any sexual orientations, I just write the cliché I see. I appreciate no hate so no nasty comments please. Thanks everybody for reading.

P.S. if you would like me to do another section on clichés of wattpad or you have seen cliché’s you want me to write about leave me a comment on the comment section below.

Have a great day this is nikki signing off buh bye