Chapter 1: Nostalgic Day In the city of dreams.

Beauty...

What does it mean?

is it from within or whats to be seen from the outside?

is it a darling pearl deep in the ocean in a shell where its waiting to be adored by the watchful eye of the water breeders?

is it a young skinny blonde model on the best selling magazine of this generation despite her figure and what she sees as beautiful to be harmful to her?

a boyfriend who sees it in his newly found girlfriend just to get what he wants even though the same lien has been used over and over again.

 my name is juno,

and this is my quest to find the perception of beauty.

It was yet another rainy day in New york,city lights fast yellow cabs flash before my eyes as I do a short turn-around catching sight of the mountain high skyscrapers and buildings that stretch before me .Nothing that I havent seen before but what amuses me is the gasps and the excitement that the tourists show when they first set sight of new york. Quickly rushing through the streets of busy people I get to the one thing that keeps me sane from the crazy lifestyle I was blessed with my workplace : THE NEW YORK TIMES. Pretty rad huh? , when I was 18 I thought I had my life all figured out thinking that i'll get my own collumn where I can write whatever I please and that I wont have to deal with stuck up idiots who kill to see you fail, And have everything done for me. As years go by I realised that you can smile and do the odd small talk here and there but when it comes to having a million dollar idea that could make you flourish from the streets of new york into the glitz and glam of a wealthy living.

where Young Models would do anything to get a first page spread on the best selling magazine and I mean ANYTHING, so quick to sell themselves. But what interests me is the people who indulge in these things who pay to scour the pages for horoscopes and love matches and what Ryan Gosling's type of "dream" girl is and how to paint our nails..all of them brain-washed, girls ranging from as young as 14 thinking , "Maybe if I wear this push-up bra he'll ask me out to the dance, or if wear this lipstick and falsies and this glitter short skirt so my ass looks as big as nicki minaj in her music video ". Sure Im being a tad hypocritical its not like I didnt think of the same things these girls are thinking now its just...i dont know.. its like seeing yourself in a glasshouse cooped up inside  in this little fantasy of perfection , perfectly glazed almost protected from the harshness and the sad little world that we live in.

When I was kid ...

I was blinded.. almost like a walking clone, and high school was 90% to blame I saw the "popular" girls as superior's "perfect" and that nobody could reach up to their standards its as if they weren't human and if they were thought of being human , it would be in a thought of disgust because for them "human" was something different , from what they thought... not beautiful, because we we're all born naked, we all have organs we all have the same colour blood , the simple things. and just at the thought of that it would scare them, because these girls were scared of being stripped from this cake of make-up and what they wear because without it.....

without IT , they thought they were nothing.

that thought is what got me through the torment of high school, the thought that deep down in this weird way these girls were just as insecure as I am and who knows.. maybe even more..but what mattered is that I had someone to blame..

THE GOD-DAMN DEFINITION OF BEAUTY ITSELF.