The Interview

Haru found himself, once again, in his boss's office. "It seems you have another case on your hands..." the blue-haired man sighed and pushed up his glasses. "Sorry to burden you with so much work all of a sudden...Anyways, a man, 50 years of age with graying blond hair was found at 12:47 AM at a cemetery." The other man shot his boss a weary glance. "Oh, yes, and you will be working with two other detectives this time, Nagisa Hazuki and Rin Matsouka," he finally finished and handed the detective a file.

"And my objective..?" Haru kept his stoic expression as he spoke and took the file.

"Find out who murder-" the boss was cut off by a man bursting through the office door.

"Sorry we're late, Rei-chan!" a blonde man panted, another with red hair behind him. Haru turned to look at the two men, groaning internally. He didn't like to work with other people, especially not ones that couldn't even show up on time.

"Just make sure it doesn't happen again...You know the case, how you execute the investigation is up to you guys," Rei sighed and waved the three off. They made their way out the door.

"So, you're this Haru I've heard about. Well, hi! I don't think we got off on a good foot,"-he paused to scratch the back of his neck nervously-"Just call me Nagisa! And he's Rin," Nagisa finished by gesturing with his hand to the other detective. Rin dipped his head in acknowledgement. Haru lead the way down the halls and out the building, where he stopped to turn to the others. He shuffled through some papers in the file before taking one with a list of names out.

"Here is the list of people to interview." Nagisa and Rin nodded before looking down the list themselves.

"I think we should start with the man who found the body first, Makoto Tachibana. His profile says he works in the hospital as a doctor."

"Sounds good to me," Rin said. "

Yep," the blond nodded enthusiastically. Haru silently lead the way again as they walked down the crowded streets of Tokyo. They passed shops, restaurants and other buildings before they found themselves at the doors of the tall medical building. Nagisa and Rin followed behind him as he walked up to the desk, waiting for the woman to get off the phone.

When she finally ended the call and turned her attention to the three in front of her, Haru said, "We're here to see Makoto Tachibana," and showed her an ID.

"Second floor, third on the right," the nurse said politely, smiling. The black haired man nodded.

When they approached the elevator, Rin stopped. "Do we have to take the elevator?" he asked nervously, eyeing the elevator door wearily.

Haru gave a sigh before replying, "We can take the stairs if you really want to."

Nagisa rolled his eyes as they walked up the stairs. "You baby," the blond detective said and punched Rin lightly on the shoulder. Haru continued to walk up the stairs in silence until they reached the second floor.

Nagisa was looking around the hall. "Which room was it again?"

"I think she said the third one on the...left?" Rin shrugged.

"Third one on the right," Haru said in monotone. He heard an, M'kay from Nagisa and a small sigh from Rin. The red-haired man was the first to approach the door and knocked lightly. A man with brown hair and gentle, green eyes opened the door, looking surprised.

"We're just here to interview you about the man you found at the cemetery," Nagisa explained and the doctor let them in.

"Oh...Well, I'm glad I don't have a patient right now. Take a seat," he said and smiled warmly. Haru inwardly glared at the man. How could he seem so..happy? This man was far too...cheerful for his liking. The three detectives sat down in the chairs.

"First off, we would like to know what you were doing at a cemetery at 12:47 AM..." Rin began awkwardly. Makoto laughed a little.

"I guess that does seem a little suspicious. Well, you see, I had just gotten off work and I wanted to visit a relative's grave when I found the body..." the doctor explained, still smiling. Haru narrowed his eyes mentally.

"Oh, I guess that makes a little more sense...Anyways, did you recognize the man?" Nagisa piped in. Haru stayed silent. The witness shook his head. "Hmm...was there any wounds on the man that could have been the cause of his death?" Makoto paused, thinking.

"Not that I could see..." he replied uncertainly. Haru was about done with this interview.

"Was the man already dead when you found him? Where there any others around?" Haru suddenly inquired with a slight hint of impatience to his voice.

Makoto now looked to Haru and thought for a little. "His breathing was very faint, and he died soon after I found him. Um, ff there were any others, I couldn't see them." Rin began to jot notes down.

After the three had got answers for the questions they had, Makoto handed Haru his phone number. "If you want to know anything else, just call me!" he said cheerfully. Haru took the piece of paper and nodded.

"Thank you!" Nagisa called as they walked out the door. The brunet nodded before they walked down the hall again and to the stairs. When exiting the hospital, Nagisa winked at Haru.

"What?" the raven-haired man asked. Rin smirked and listened in interest.

"I think he likes you," The blond elbowed Haru. The top-rank detective snorted and rolled his eyes.

"Let's report back with what we have now."